cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid upfront in November 2019 still no Fibre broadband in mid Jan 2020

riverasusual

Paid upfront in November 2019 still no Fibre broadband in mid Jan 2020

I decided to upgrade to Fibre broadband after my last provider increased the cost of its piddly 2mb broadband from £20 to £35 per month. As I had decent service from Plusnet previously I purchased their offer with upfront discount in November last year with a start date of December 6th. After many phone conversations and them allegedly reordering multiple times I've missed all Christmas without computer access and now with my tax self assessment due by the end of January I'm starting to get a little miffed especially when I was billed by my previous provider on December 9th!
How many times does Plusnet have to get my order wrong before I eventually get what I paid for last November? Surely if something is going wrong with my order, someone in the institution knows how to sort it out or find out why it's not possible for me to have fibre broadband.
Or are you all incompetent? 🙂
4 REPLIES 4
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Paid upfront in November 2019 still no Fibre broadband in mid Jan 2020

Hi @riverasusual, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for the issues you've had with the activation of your services. I can see your account is currently with our Provisioning Department and the latest update is that we'll be contacting our suppliers on Monday due to the department we'd need being closed this weekend.

I do sincerely apologise for the length of time it's taking to resolve and can assure you we'll do all we can to resolve this as swiftly as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
riverasusual

A wise man once said that the definition of stupidity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
I may have to do something stupid myself now ie send my tax return over unsecured broadband as it doesn't look like Plusnet is going to get this sorted anytime soon.
I wonder what my rights are?
Bren16

Hi, I'm in a similar situation although not wanting to do a tax return. I've been waiting since November to be connected. They were quick to take my payment but not returned the favour. Also I've been without my landline telephone for over a week now. It's beyond comprehension as far as I'm concerned, I've never waited this long to be connected with previous suppliers.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @riverasusual,

I am sincerely sorry to read of your experience while joining our service and for any inconvenience this has caused. I have now taken ownership of your order and provided an update as to where we are at here.

Hello @Bren16,

I am sadden to hear of your experience alongside @riverasusual, and I have responded to your other thread here advising on the next steps forward.

Please get back to me on the tickets if you have any further concerns and I will be happy to get these picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team