cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid money to be ignored

Dorsia
Dabbler

Paid money to be ignored

Joined, paid, was sent cryptic customer service ticketing communication that didn't look meant for me, was sent a letter with completion dates, 2 weeks of silence, completion date passed, no router, no information. If I do not have a router by Monday 10th and some sort of interaction with you I will sit on hold (for hours) and you can cancel, refund me and I will go to a competitor.

13 REPLIES 13
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Paid money to be ignored

Good evening, 

You were due to come over to us on the 4th of this month however looking at things, the orders placed were cancelled by the previous provider of the line stating their customer was not leaving them, which usually means that either the line registered to your address isn't physically connected to your address or the provider has cancelled it in error.

Do you have a landline phone available at all? if so could you connect it to the phone socket and dial 17070, this will read back the active number on the line to you, if you can get that and PM it over to me I can make sure we are taking the right line over and get this pushed ahead.

Dorsia
Dabbler

I had a letter in the post to whoever it may concern saying plusnet want to take over the line, do nothing if this is your request so I did nothing

There is a flat upstairs in the property are you trying to take over the correct line?

I can stand in my lounge and look at the phone socket so yes the line is connected to my address

I am not buying a landline just to test it works, if it isn't resolved i will simply cancel with you and get a company who can do their job

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for that information, the fact your received that letter confirmed my suspicions, that letter goes to the address we are taking over, if the line in the other flat is the one we mistakenly tried to take, that is caused by their provider not listing the line at the correct address, we attempted to take over the line listed at the address we had been provided.

We would not ask you to buy a phone, merely a question if you had one to hand as it can aid in these things, your address does have another line listed under it so I will arrange for this line to be switched on, I cannot however guarantee this is the one connected to your socket as the information ourselves and other providers have to hand is a line ID and the line type.

Hopefully all works and we can get the broadband on shortly after 

Dorsia
Dabbler

Thank you please update me on here ASAP with results and expected timeline

Dorsia
Dabbler

What is the latest? I now have a router and no news about activating my internet. Please update ASAP

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Afternoon, 

Sorry about the late response,  the order to activate your phone line is due to complete today, once that work has been completed we can place the order for the broadband, our provisioning team are watching the account for the phone order completing so we can progress.

Once that order is inplace I'll let you know the final completion date Smiley 

Dorsia
Dabbler

Phone line is now active, where are we with the broadband?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The order is in place, just awaiting a confirmed date for the engineer to do the work at the cabinet

Dorsia
Dabbler

25th October has been sent to me as completion. This is not good enough, I have been waiting a ridiculous amount of time, I only heard anything because I chased it on here. This has to be sorted ASAP, I am planning on cancelling my contract the second the minimum term allows me once I am online and switching to another supplier unless things get sorted fast.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That message you have  been sent is unfortunately correct in this case, Fibre orders do have a minimum 7 day(5 working day) lead time with our suppliers to complete, however this was moved back slightly over that due to a lack of Fibre trained engineers in your local area.

If this was possible to be moved forward we would have actioned that before this point but this is something where there isn't a person who can do the work available until the 25th, I am keeping an eye on things to make sure that goes ahead from here but we can't have that date moved any sooner as much we we would like to do so.

I'll make sure you are refunded to the gap between phone and broadband activation and will look at what we can offer you to say sorry for the delays you've experienced.

Dorsia
Dabbler

Thank you I will await word

Dorsia
Dabbler

"I'll make sure you are refunded to the gap between phone and broadband activation and will look at what we can offer you to say sorry for the delays you've experienced."

- What is the latest here?

Is the internet still being activated tomorrow on the 25th?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Dorsia wrote:

Is the internet still being activated tomorrow on the 25th?

The order is still showing committed for the 25th and we're still expecting it to complete then for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet