cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid £75 on the 3/3/22 for my broadband 28/3/22 still no home broadband.

AB14

Paid £75 on the 3/3/22 for my broadband 28/3/22 still no home broadband.

I had heard good things about Plusnet so decided to switch, I really wish I hadn't bothered. As stated in the subject title I paid on the 3/3/22. Initially the engineer was booked for the 14/3/22 but that was then changed by Plusnet to the 18/3/22. A engineer did indeed visit and said there was a snag so another engineer would be around tomorrow, that engineer turned up and said he was unable to do it for that day. I received a text from Plusnet on the 18/3/22 saying there was an issue and they would be in touch. I heard nothing for a week so decided to phone customer service on the 25/3/22 and was told there was no update on my account and he didn't know the reason for this. 

I was then told external work would be done today and it would be live no later than 23:59 tonight. Given that I have received no messages to say the work had been done, I have again rang customer service, the person I spoke to could not confirm if the work had been done and said I would have to wait till midnight to see if I receive a text telling me it was live, if not he would call me tomorrow.

Even if for some miracle it goes live tonight I think it is shocking that I have waited 25 days since payment. I did not expect to be sat with no internet for this length of time

6 REPLIES 6
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Paid £75 on the 3/3/22 for my broadband 28/3/22 still no home broadband.

Hiya @AB14, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Plusnet! I'm really sorry that you haven't had the best start to our service and have encountered some delays in the service going live, I'd like to help get this progressed for you!

I'm also very sorry to hear that you had to chase our team for an update and want to assure that this isn't the level of service that we aim to provide. 

It looks like the 14th was the provisional date that we requested and then our suppliers committed the phone order for the 17th. From there, it looks like there has been some delays with the engineering work that was needed to complete the orders. I'm really sorry about this experience!

I have contacted our suppliers for you this morning and have updated the open ticket with the latest information we have here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222896687

I am truly sorry for the continued disruption that is caused in the meantime whilst these orders complete. Our team will keep you updated on this and please get back to us if you have any further queries in the meantime. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
AB14

Hi Lauren,

I read your update saying i would be updated further on 31/3/22, however, i just received another update saying work is delayed, can you please clarify that i will still receive a final date for connection tomorrow as its all getting abit silly now. If i am still sat in limbo tomorrow i would just like a refund so i can go to an alternative supplier, ive literally had no home broadband for weeks now.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I am really sorry for the continued delays on your order and for the problems this is causing. I can absolutely appreciate the frustration this must be causing. 

I have contacted our suppliers for the latest update on the delay and have provided a more detailed response on your ticket here:  https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222896687 in short though, we have been advised there is further external work that is needed to get the order completed. 

At this point, I will be honest in that I can't give definitive date though some of the work needed has been now scheduled for the 1st April. I'm so sorry this is taking longer than expected and our teams will continue to monitor the orders progression for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@AB14 wrote:

If i am still sat in limbo tomorrow i would just like a refund so i can go to an alternative supplier, 

Same line managed by BT Openreach, same BT Openreach issues ... changing ISP is not going to remove the BT Openreach contribution to (cause of) the problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AB14

I called BT and explained the situation, they have sent out a 4G home hub so I have internet access till my service goes live with them. Changing IPC may not help with the Openreach problem (Although I suspect it will and would be astounded if I am still waiting 20 days after I am supposed to go live, last update I read from Plusnet was my question is on hold till 7th April) but it has solved the problem of having no internet in my home.

I am now just waiting for a refund from Plusnet, to be fair the cancellation process was quite easy and i received a email instantly saying my refund would be sent to my account. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The on hold until 7th April will be the next review date set by BT Openreach.

So the BT deal comes with 4G backup service - how does the price compare to Plusnet’s?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.