cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN broadband/own router. Ordered fibre, received hub one: can I install it before fibre activation?

FIXED
LB001
Hooked

PN broadband/own router. Ordered fibre, received hub one: can I install it before fibre activation?

I tried to put it all in the title, fairly simple yes/no question, but there seem to be various answers on the forum and can't find it in instructions - which I know is probably me being blind - but if anyone knows for sure that would be great, and I can do it this weekend without time pressure.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: PN broadband/own router. Ordered fibre, received hub one: can I install it before fibre activati

Simple answer - yes.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: PN broadband/own router. Ordered fibre, received hub one: can I install it before fibre activati

Fix

Yes. The Hub one will work on both ADSL ( normal broadband ) and VDSL ( fibre ) connections.

It will automatically detect the change to VDSL when your fibre order completes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LB001
Hooked

Great, many thanks to both of you for that.  I'll get on!