cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUSNET - Are you delaying my fibre installation and activation til June?

FIXED
WendyJ
Hooked

PLUSNET - Are you delaying my fibre installation and activation til June?

In the COVID-19 Update it says

"If you need an in-home visit – for a new line installation for example – will be unable to provide new appointments until June, and this timeframe could be extended."

the FAQ's in that update say this - 

Can I get a new home broadband connection with everything that's going on?

If you're moving to Plusnet and don’t need a new line there should be no impact. If you're looking for a new connection or to switch from Virgin Media then the installation will be delayed.

I already have a new broadband set up booked. Will this be cancelled?

If you have an open order with us, which isn’t for a new line, it will still go ahead and we'll get in touch if anything changes.  

As I am coming from Unlimited Basic Broadband and changing over to fibre, I will need the engineer. So, will Plusnet have to delay the installation and activation of my new broadband til another time? (I don't mind staying on the basic broadband until then as long as this situation doesn't affect my internet connection). I ask this because there are many people in the household who depend on internet connectivity, my nephew especially for his assignments. At this time having a connection is more important than the speeds. It's due to be changed over tomorrow (27/04/2020 & the router in the delivery stage) and I don't want it to affect my connection. Please PLUSNET I need an answer before it's too late.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: PLUSNET - Are you delaying my fibre installation and activation til June?

@WendyJ 

Relax, Openreach do not enter your property as all the work is done at the street cabinet and exchange. However fibre will not work without the new hub.. Thw question is therefore whether it will happen on the promised date as it could be delayed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

WendyJ
Hooked

Thanks. I hope you're right. Also the router arrived this morning so that's made me less anxious about the switch.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Hi @WendyJ, thanks for getting in touch

I've checked your fibre upgrade order and can confirm it's progressing as it should and is due to complete on 29/04/2020. It looks like the date was amended slightly due to engineer availability in your area, while they won't need to access the property they will need to complete some work externally

Let us know if you need anything else. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
WendyJ
Hooked

Thanks for the update. I appreciate being told in advance. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

No worries @WendyJ

Just let us know if we can help with anything else 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team