cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owners permission to install fiber

BettleBomb

Owners permission to install fiber

Hello,

We rent a flat on a High Street in Slough. The neighbouring buildings all have high speed fiber available however due to a legal issue involving tax, our building had no actual owner after it was seized by the Crown in lieu of payment. In the last month this legal issue was resolved as a housing association purchased the entire building.

The Ofcom checker https://checker.ofcom.org.uk still shows that our building can only get 16Mbps broadband.

The housing association is fine with fiber being installed but I have no idea what should be done next: do I need to write to Ofcom and have them speak to the building owner (housing association) or do I just need to request to PlusNet to install fiber and if needed, speak with the housing association?

Any advice on this is much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Owners permission to install fiber

@BettleBomb put your phone number into the BT wholesale checker here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL . That is the definitive resource for determining what is available. You can post the results here ( redact the phone number since this is a public forum ) and we'll advise what is available

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @BettleBomb

Thanks for getting in touch. As per @MisterW's response, I've just popped your landline number into BT's Availability Checker and can confirm that FTTC isn't actually available for you at the moment, nor is it on the waiting list. The installation of Fibre cables goes over our head in all honesty, it's up to Openreach and the local authority to dictate when are where Fibre broadband is installed.

FTTP isn't available either.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

@BettleBomb 's  neighbours may have FTTP supplied by another Company, he needs to talk to them.......

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

As above I would check City Fibre https://cityfibre.com/about-us/rollout 

Dan.

BettleBomb

Thank you to everyones responses, its much appreciated and those links are very helpful.

Attached is a screenshot of the results from broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com and cityfibre.com/availability. Looks like my kid is just going to have to wait a bit longer before installing that approx. 100GB game they brought from Steam.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@BettleBomb 

Looks like you need to get the Housing Association to speak to CityFibre to sort the WayLeave out.

Brian

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'