cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our order has been rejected by our suppliers due to a mismatch of data on the address records

highdoor155

Our order has been rejected by our suppliers due to a mismatch of data on the address records

So four weeks ago we ordered Plusnet fibre for our work.

2 and a bit weeks of nothing then we recieved an email saying -

"Our order has been rejected by our suppliers due to a mismatch of data on the address records they hold for your line. Can you ask your current provider to request with the Openreach Data Integrity (ORDI) team to get this corrected, usually it takes 48 working hours for the system to be updated. Once these records have been updated we shall re-place your order and confirm the new connection date to you.

Once these records have been updated we shall re-place your order and confirm the new connection date to you.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us here or give us a call on 0800 432 0200."

I rang my current ISP spent over 45 minutes and they told me to speak to Plusnet

I tried Plusnet lost count of times i passed around/time and they told me my current ISP

I couldn’t find a number to contact "Openreach"

not much on internet about this Openreach Data Integrity (ORDI) team

Who do i contact here? My current ISP (which is/used to be called BT Openworld now just seems to be BT) or do try this Openreach crew (which I used to know as BT retail)

Can anyone help before we give up and just stay with BT?

Seems like an odd issue which not much ISP tech teams seem to know about? We have been with BT for our line and broadband for 15+ years.

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Our order has been rejected by our suppliers due to a mismatch of data on the address records

Hi @highdoor155  I believe that only the current 'owner' of the line i.e your existing ISP can raise an ORDI request.

Judging by this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/ORDI-Request-to-Openreach/td-p/1824255 on the BT community, your experience with BT customer services is not unusual. Looks like a post on the BT forum may help...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Our order has been rejected by our suppliers due to a mismatch of data on the address records

Thanks for your post @highdoor155 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues transferring your service to us.

I've looked into this for you and I can see the only line registered at your address on Openreach's database has a phone number ending in 78 which doesn't match the landline number you've given us. 

It's this data discrepancy in Openreach's systems that needs to be resolved by the current provider, because it's the current provider's responsibility to keep the records of an address/line up to date. 

While I appreciate you've said you've never had a problem with BT for 15 years, have you actually tried to move ISP during then or is this the first time? Although we can't see when the data discrepancy occurred anyway.

ORDI stands for OpenReach Data Integrity and in the first instance an ISP would fill out a formwize. In this case, it'll need the 'address correction' option. A robotic system then checks the address across the supplier systems and Royal Mail's database making sure the address is correct and the line is registered at the right address.

I've raised the formwize but unsure if the request will be actioned because historically these type of address correction requests were reserved for the current provider only. In the meantime, I'd recommend getting in touch with your current provider again and perhaps direct them Here. That link likely won't work for you as it's for ISPs only. 

As soon as I get a response back from the ORDI I'll let you know, this should be within 3 to 5 working days. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
highdoor155

Thanks for the reply Gandalf

No we have never tried to change away in long long time. Have usually just renewed with whichever offer BT gave us

We dont have any numbers connected to our company ending in 78

You can really hear the BT tech support people switching off when you tell them you need them to do something so you can leave them.

I shale hold off and see how you get on

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @highdoor155

Ah fair enough. No problem, it may had been worth speaking to their provisions team rather than tech support as this sort of issue is more to do with order placement/provisioning of a line. 

Let's see what response I get back first though and I'll keep you posted Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet