cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Plusnet Fibre to new home

kp65

Ordering Plusnet Fibre to new home

I am in the process of purchasing a new home.

The home is a new build, and has a BT socket installed. However it is not active. The house is not built on a development, it is just 1 of 2 houses that were built in place of an older house (i.e. 2 new houses replaced the 1 old house). So the house numbers are 2 and 2a respectively.

When I put in the 2a address on the http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput It says that fibre is available. This address also works with the plusnet online ordering system. Est speeds of 60-80 mb

When I put in the 2 address which is next door (the property which I am exchanging on soon fingers crossed) – it says that there is no data available from this address. When i enter this address into the plusnet online ordering system, it says only ADSL is available.

I wanted to check, to save me the headache later, if there is any corrective action required on the openreach side to correct this database issue before I place an order for the fiber internet with a provider like sky etc. Seeing as 2a is able to place an order and is registered, can i get help in correcting the information for 2 so that when i order plusnet i don't have any delays?

5 REPLIES 5
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Ordering Plusnet Fibre to new home

Hi kp65,

Welcome to the Forums! 

I'm afraid we have no jurisdiction when it comes tot he Openreach or BT systems. 

The best thing i can suggest is calling our Provisioning Team and explaining the situation to them - it's their specific job to get stuff like this sorted out for you. 

Let us know how you get on .

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@kp65

You can contact OpenReach directly using the following

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

If you can send me a private message with the addresses, I'll be happy to look into this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kp65

Hi Gandalf, any idea on how long your query will take with OR?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We should have an update by the end of the week.

Apologies for the delay, there's not much we can do to chase them up until after a week has passed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet