Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Plusnet FTTC

machare
Rising Star

Ordering Plusnet FTTC

If I order Plusnet FTTC Fixed Price Unlimited Fibre + Home Phone:

a) What router do Plusnet supply, is it similar to the BT Hub 6?

b) What is the maximum delay I can specify after placing the order? Could activation be say 2 months after order date?

c) The web page where I can place an order asks me to specify the expected usage. What difference does it make whether I specify a small or a large number?

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Ordering Plusnet FTTC

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Plusnet give you a Hub One, which is a rebadged Home Hub 5a but don't worry many of us use a Smarthub 6 on our Plusnet accounts. You will find the setting instructions on the Router board.

Delay depends on engineer availability. The thing you should do is allow Plusnet to do the transfer and not cancel your BT service yourself.

I have no idea why Plusnet would want to know you usage except perhaps to try to upsell you to the faster extra service. There are no usage restrictions.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @machare,

Warm welcome to the forums and thanks for getting in touch.

So @Baldrick1 is correct with the router there, with regards to the delay query - when you place an order you can delay it up to 90 days.

With the usage we generally don't ask for this, I would advise to give our sales team a ring on 0800 432 0080 as they can talk you through your options in terms of what will be available in your postcode.

Or you can check out our website www.plus.net and pop your postcode in the broadband checker - should take you to a page with what packages and prices are available.

machare
Rising Star

Thank you for your reply.  The normal web ordering page does not ask about usage but the special offer web page which has now expired did ask rhis question.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
machare
Rising Star

If you place an order, when does the router get sent out, bearing in mind that I possibly would not want the service to start for a couple of months.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We'd normally send a router 48 hours before the activation date.

Once you've signed up I believe our system will try to place the order for the soonest completion date, but if you PM me your username I'll be happy to amend this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
machare
Rising Star

Thank you for your offer. I will let you know accordingly.