cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered unlimited fibre but still on ADSL

Morpheus
Dabbler

Ordered unlimited fibre but still on ADSL

Hi, I recently agreed a new 24 month contract with Plusnet which involved moving my phone line from BT to Plusnet and upgrading my existing Plusnet ADSL broadband service to unlimited fibre. This morning I received an email from PlusNet to say that my Home Phone service was ready to use. However, I've heard nothing about the upgrade from ADSL to fibre. I was expecting to install the new Hub One router later today but the existing ADSL router is still working and providing me with an internet connection. How can this be? Can you check my current line status please and let me know whether I have been moved to fibre or not. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Ordered unlimited fibre but still on ADSL

Thanks for getting in touch @Morpheus

Unfortunately, there appears to have been some confusion here. We can see the order to transfer your line to us has completed however as you can only have one order in progress at a time it means that your fibre order hasn't been placed yet.

I've placed this for you now and we'll get you up and running as soon as possible.

Again apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Morpheus
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler 

Thanks for replying. This is disappointing but I am relieved that I haven't lost the internet service completely.

I had already gone through an unpleasant experience with PlusNet when I attempted to upgrade the broadband at my home address as @Mr_Morpheus a few months ago but I hoped that it was just a one-off.

So I decided to switch my parents' landline from BT to PlusNet (instead of vice-versa) and upgrade the internet at the same time from ADSL to fibre. It's very worrying that I am having problems yet again.

Thanks for placing the order. Hopefully it will all go through smoothly now.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Morpheus

I agree it's far from an ideal situation and I've passed feedback on regarding the incorrect information given out.

As soon as I know more I'll update the ticket I've created on your account

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Armin_Tamzarian
Grafter

Hi @Morpheus 

It seems this problem is not uncommon when switching to Plusnet...

I was on BT Superfast Fibre Plus Unlimited when I signed up to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. These two products have comparable speeds. However, Plusnet switched me to their ADSL service at 17.6 Mbps - more here.

It really is puzzling how Plusnet keep getting something this basic wrong.

Morpheus
Dabbler

Thanks @Armin_Tamzarian 

I went through the pain of upgrading my existing Plusnet Fibre service (at another address) to Unlimited Fibre Extra a couple of months ago. Somehow they managed to downgrade me to 2Mb ADSL and I was stuck on that for 4 weeks. The Plusnet staff in this forum were (and continue to be) extremely helpful but you're right to ask the question... how can they get basic stuff like this so wrong?

Over the last 7 years I've been with BT, Virgin and now Plusnet. I've had problems with all of them but when it comes to problem resolution, Plusnet seem to be more responsive than the other two. Obviously it would be nice not to have any problems at all but here we are Sad