cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered online, but cant login, and no confirmation email.

northumbrian
Dabbler

Ordered online, but cant login, and no confirmation email.

Hi, I recently ordered fibre from you for activation on ( 16/07/18 ) , but I have not received a confirmation email.  Also, the login details I selected are not recognised.  There was a charge pending on my credit card, but this has now disappeared.  Has the order actually been accepted?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
hangar18
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Ordered online, but cant login, and no confirmation email.

Hi @northumbrian

This happened to me last week also. I went through four order processes before I was successful.

It turned out to be because the username I had chosen had already been used previously. Although this was no longer in use and appeared to be available, the Plusnet systems failed to complete the sign-up process properly. There was no indication given that it had failed - Just no confirmation email. One of the Plusnet agents sorted it for me in the end.I had three pending transactions on my debit card that did eventually disappear.

Hope this helps.

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @northumbrian and welcome to our community forums.

From what I can see no account has been created and it's likely due to what @hangar18 has said.

If you would like to sign up still I'll be happy to arrange a call back from our sales team to make sure it goes through? We'll be able to check our system to make sure the username you choose hasn't been used. Feel free to send me a PM with your contact number.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
northumbrian
Dabbler

Thanks to both hanger18 and you. Disappointing, but at least I know now. Don't worry about the call back, I'll just try to get it sorted when I have time.
I appreciate the quick response.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems. Apologies for the issues when trying to join us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Can I ask what usernames you guys tried to use? I've raised this with our Incident Management Team but it would be nice to be able to replicate it.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
hangar18
Grafter
Fixes: 1

The username I tried was hangar18.

I had to settle for hangar18uk.

It was a bit disappointing because I have a domain called hangar18.co.uk.. But anyway, at least my order is in progress.

Cheers.

John

JonoH
Hero

Thank you Smiley

Jono H
northumbrian
Dabbler

My name was, unsurprisingly, was northumbrian 🙂
hubris
Dabbler

Seems a rather ridiculous occurrence.  I have had the same issue.  Placed order for activation on 20/Jul, first username reported it was taken, chose another, no issues, all appeared to go through, pending charges appeared on credit card, and nothing.  After 4 days of wondering what was happening, I found this thread, and low and behold after calling plusnet, it appears I have no order in their system!.

Looking back through this forum, this is obviously not the first time it happened, although no-one has specifically called out a previously used but inactive username that does not flag as being in use.  This seems to be a fairly significant flaw in the sign up process!.  How many people get this, thinking they have signed up and a switch of provider will happen, and then it just doesn't?.  A rather bad first impression.

Username that it all appeared to work with was Lucifer .  This failed.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi hubris,

Yours is not the same issue - you have been charged and I suspect that your order failed within BTs systems.

The other users here were never charged when their orders failed, before getting anywhere.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hubris
Dabbler

The OP indicated they had a pending charge, that rolled off their card.  The second poster indicated they had 3 pending charges, in the end, which rolled off.  Why is my pending charge any different to theirs?.  After looking at my account I now have 2 pending charges, one from the 6/Jul, and another from today 11/jul.

I had already performed 3 attempts at application on the 5/Jul which failed because when setting up the direct debit, it failed every time.  It seemed to work on the 6/jul, as it made it past the DD forms, and I got the congratulations, and here is a download of the setup process, but after 3 days and no other communication, I called on the 11/jul to ask what was going on and there was no record of my having applied in the first place, despite the pending charge on my card.  So something worked, but then silently failed later.  It has the same symptoms as the OP, and while I realise the same symptoms might be from different underlying causes, I suspect that the fact they had no record of my application in the first place, then BT's system would not be the cause of the failure.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@hubris,

Indeed sorry - I miss read that as CHARGED. Embarrassed

I have already raised this issue for review.  It is indeed caused by old closed but not killed off account names.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

This issue has now been resolved, thank you for your patience and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.  

Jono H
northumbrian
Dabbler

Thanks for the update. I have actually initiated a switch to another supplier, but I'm glad I've helped others by highlighting the issue.