cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered in January - Now mid March and no sign of the telecoms technician or my router

FIXED
jay321
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Ordered in January - Now mid March and no sign of the telecoms technician or my router

Hi, I got the "Welcome to Plusnet" email on the 30th January 2021 and letter on the 1st February. This would be a switch from TalkTalk to Plusnet for Broadband and line rental, which I was assured would be managed on both ends by Plusnet.

The earliest technician spot was around 23rd or 24th of February. It was a no-show I believe. No call or email to say if they'd need to cancel or if they'd found the wrong address.

It's now 13th March and I have no router or update. I hope I'm not being billed for this time. What's going on and is anyone else experiencing something like this?

2 REPLIES 2
jay321
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Ordered in January - Now mid March and no sign of the telecoms technician or my router

Fix

For anyone experiencing this delay, I called Plusnet.

It turns out there was an issue with progressing the order: Openreach had to cancel it due to a dated ordering system, and there was no mechanism to get this information back to the customer.

Openreach is Plusnet's supplier of phone and broadband infrastructure. Normally they have to match the phone and broadband together on the application. But because there was an issue with "the system" the two weren't together on the application and so they had to cancel it.

The Plusnet phone operator will (re)submit the order and re-ask for my router to be sent out. The technician will work on the cabinet on the street to complete the switch. Second time's a charm.

If you're experiencing the problem, call them up right after your appointment's been missed and calmly explain:

• 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)
  • +44 345 140 0200 (from abroad)

8am - 8pm, every day Please have your username and password handy.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Ordered in January - Now mid March and no sign of the telecoms technician or my router

Sorry for the delay with your order. I've checked this and I can see it's now going through for a transfer on the 29th March. It can take anytime up to midnight for your broadband to go live with us, and there may be some downtime on the day between your service with TalkTalk ending and our service starting. 

Once your order completes we'll produce your next bill a month later so the initial fee you've paid upfront is in effect the first month of service. Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet