cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered fiber broadband 10 days ago and not heard anything.

Peggy1987
Hooked

Ordered fiber broadband 10 days ago and not heard anything.

I placed an order as a new customer on the 4th of Feb, paid for my first month and received a welcome letter in the post, but I still don't have a date for activation or received my router. I've waited 10 days now and my account still says the order is being processed...can someone look into this please?

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Ordered fiber broadband 10 days ago and not heard anything.

Hi there, I've just had a look into this for you and can see we encountered a delay in placing the orders to activate your services due to a system issue so I'm really sorry about the delay that's caused. Both phone and broadband are due to go live on 22/2/22 and you should receive your router a few days prior to that. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Peggy1987
Hooked

Thanks for your help!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem and let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Peggy1987
Hooked

Hi Adam, I'm hoping you can help. Tried calling customer service buy I gave up after 30 minutes of hold music...my broadband still hasn't gone live, apparently there's a fault somewhere and I was told I'd get an update today but that hasn't happened. Could you check to see what's going on? I'm getting tired of calling and waiting for updates that don't happen. My live date was meant to be the 22nd...think it's ridiculous that I ordered on the 4th and I still don't have my services
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

That's really disappointing to see, I'm really sorry that the broadband activation has been delayed. Notes on the order show that there's a problem with faulty equipment on the DSLAM (equipment in the green cabinet your line connects into) that's due to get resolved on Monday. Please get back to me on here when that's been done and I'll make sure we arrange some compensation for the delay for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Peggy1987
Hooked

Thanks Adam, appreciate the help. I'll keep you posted, hopefully I'll be connected on Monday 🤞
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem @Peggy198

If you need any further support in the meantime, or have any further questions, please let us know. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Peggy1987
Hooked

So I got the message saying I'm now connected and was told my broadband will be up and running today. I've got home from work and my router is just flashing orange, so frustrating! I've done a factory reset, same orange light. Can you please help? Is there another fault somewhere?
Peggy1987
Hooked

There's now a cessation charge that's appeared on my account...what is this?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see your broadband's not working after your order completed with us.

I can see you've spoken with an adviser and they've raised a fault to an engineer as line tests are showing an issue.

Our suppliers have given us an estimated response time of by 03/03/22 23:59:59 for an engineer to investigate further.

Regarding the cessation charge, this is nothing to worry about as it's a legacy cancellation fee we used to charge prior to 2018 if you ever cancelled your broadband service without transferring to another provider.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Peggy1987
Hooked

Hi Adam,

An engineer came round and got me connected today. I'm very happy with my speed, hopefully it's all smooth sailing from now on after a bumpy start. I'd really appreciate the compensation you mentioned...will I be billed from today as opposed to the 22nd when I was meant to go live?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hello, 

I'm glad to see your broadband's working now and at a good speed. I'm really sorry again for the time it's taken. 

You'll be billed from when the order completes, but I've created a support ticket on your account you can view & reply to by going Here with an offer for compensation to cover the downtime and inconvenience which I hope helps.

If you can post back once you've responded to the ticket with your thoughts, I'll make sure it's picked up as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Peggy1987
Hooked

Happy to accept the credit, I've responded to the ticket. Thank you for your help!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers, I've added the credit now and I've dropped you an e-mail to confirm.

If you have further issues or there's anything else you need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet