Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Fibre, payment taken, heard nothing

FIXED
krs1234
Dabbler

Ordered Fibre, payment taken, heard nothing

Ordered Fibre and Phone package on 31st. Paid full years line rental upfront. Payment has been taken,

Since then I have heard absolutely nothing at all from Plusnet. No date for an engineer, no router has been despatched, no nothing.

I understand it's more complicated moving from Cable, but I'd at least expect a target date by now.

Without a date, I have not given notice to Virgin to terminate my contract with them, so I am now paying twice for phone and broadband.

Is this the normal level of support offered to new customers?

15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Ordered Fibre, payment taken, heard nothing

Sorry about the lack of communication

It looks like your order is stuck within our suppliers systems.

I'm just in the process of contacting Openreach now for an update.

Thanks for your patience. I've provided an update to the ticket on your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
krs1234
Dabbler

Thanks for the response.

I appreciate that the delays will lie with Openreach, but Plusnet really do need to to up their game at keeping us updated. (The number of posts on this forum seem to suggest this is a common problem..)

All I want is a realistic date so I can give Virgin their 30 days notice. (Particularly as they told me today about yet another price increase.....)

Regards.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, can you let us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
krs1234
Dabbler

Now over a month since I ordered. I have had no formal communication from Plusnet, at all.

In answer to my support question, 156130808, apparently my broadband will be activated tomorrow, without an engineer visit.

Given that no router has been despatched, and I am moving from a Cable Line back to a BT Line, I will be amazed how this magic trick can be achieved.

If only plusnet ever answered the phone......

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm just contacting Openreach now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We've been advised that your order should complete by the end of the day. It looks like your router wasn't ordered automatically because the order hasn't progressed to a confirmed state in the wholesale systems.

I've manually sent you your router now, we'll get it to you as quickly as we can.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
krs1234
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for the help. Hoping you can help me again! (Apologies for the long story...)

Plusnet managed to transfer my phone number from Virgin, without troubling to tell me, (or apparently Virgin) they were doing so. So when I tried testing my line, it didn't matter whether I used the BT or Cable socket, I saw the same number diailing. I concluded from this (incorrectly) that my BT Socket had also been wired into the Cable. (As how else can they both be dialing with the same number....)

Eventually, my parents told me they kept trying to call and we weren't answering. (Only parents still ring landlines!) So I realised that the phone number had moved, and was ringing the BT line. Rechecking the BT Socket, I realised that it was still connected to the BT line, and it was my misunderstanding that it wasn't. I have now unwired the extension sockets from, the Cable line, and reconnected them to the BT line, so my phones are working again.....

So, I now connect up the Router, expecting to get some internet. First attempt failed, but after further reading realised this was caused by not understanding how mircofilters work. So have now disconnected the phone that does not have one.

Router now shows a lovely blue status.

My problem now, is I still cannot connect to the internet. Whether I connect Wired or Wifi, whatever address I try to connect to I get directed to the routers landing page. This tells me that I am connected to the internet.

My "broadband order tracker" says "Activating your line" - "Broadband orders typically take a week to complete."

So does this means that my broadband has not yet been activated? I certainly haven't received an email or text saying it has, as the help guide suggests I should have.

krs1234
Dabbler

Finally found time to call support today. They have pushed through the account activation, but I need to wait 2 working days for it to complete.

So still not online but getting closer. Finally felt confident enough to give Virgin their 30 days notice!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like your broadband order completed yesterday. Testing your line is showing your router isn't connected to the exchange. Is it plugged in and setup to your master socket?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
krs1234
Dabbler

It wasn't turned on. It is now.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

But is it working?

Guessing not, so what is it doing? Which lights do you have on?

krs1234
Dabbler

Hi, sorry about slow response.

The light on the router is blue, so apparently working.

But all attempts to connect, either wired or wifi, just end up on the router's landing page. This is still showing the setup@plusdsl.net username. My understanding is that my account details should appear here? Do I need to manually enter my account details? Because nothing in the setup material tells me I need to do this.

Or is my account still not active?

Screenshot attached.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I'm also sorry about the delay in responding here. Sad

Can you factory reset your router for me and let us know if that does the trick?

Alternatively, just change the username in the router to the format of username@plusdsl.net and the password needs to be your account password.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
krs1234
Dabbler

Perfect, thanks. (I had thought that I had done a hard reset, but reading the help page I didn't keep it pressed long enough.)

Now I have internet!

(For anyone else reading this thread, a lot of the recent delays have been my fault rather than plusnets, in finding the time to test and post)