Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order uncertainty and fibre upgrade

whatstevedid
Hooked

Order uncertainty and fibre upgrade

Hi,

We complete on our new build home next Friday. We've ordered Plusnet phone and regular ADSL broadband, but will want to upgrade to Fibre ASAP. Are you able to clarify the following for me please:

1. I shortly after placing the order received an email to say there was a problem with the order that may cause a delay. Have logged into the member centre and can see no mention of the issue. Is this now resolved and is my activation date still correct? And does ADSL go live with same day or is there a further wait?

2. There is FTTC available on the new build estate (neighbours have it, all good) but the Openreach checker says I can't order it for my property yet. I know this is because you must have an active phone line present for the checker to update (usually 48 hours after line goes live I believe). Now, will I be able to order the upgrade to fibre as soon as the checker shows available to order? As per question above, it ADSL is still pending during that time will I have to wait for that before attempting to upgrade?

3. What's the usual lead time on an ADSL to Fibre upgrade?

Cheers,
Steve.
12 REPLIES 12
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Order uncertainty and fibre upgrade

Welcome to the forums @whatstevedid

I have looked into the order for you and can see it is currently progressing with the suppliers, because it is a new build it has been sent over to the new sites team with our suppliers while they run some checks to see what external work is present. We should be able to confirm the activation date within the next few days. We have placed the order as a simultaneous order which essentially means the phone order and broadband order would go live on the same day.

We will need to wait for the current orders to complete before we can order the Fibre upgrade for you. The usual lead time for an upgrade from ADSL to Fibre is around 7-10 working days but it is dependent on engineer availability.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to contact us

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
whatstevedid
Hooked

Hi @abails0105 - thanks for the update. So can I assume that i'll get a firm installation date by the end of this week?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Yes, by the end of this week I would certainly expect us to be able to provide you an installation date of your services

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@whatstevedid wrote:

So can I assume that i'll get a firm installation date by the end of this week?

Unfortunately we cannot make any guarantees at this stage.

Looking at your order, the most recent notes advise the following:

**Customer Milestone - NewSites - Survey Required**
NewSitesDelay:
Date of note: 22/05/2017
Following a survey visit the NewSite Surveyor will advise, of the next update.
The next update will be by: 31/05/2017

I see we also called our suppliers this morning before these notes were added and we were advised the following:

Contact received from [Removed] from PLUSNET PLC for update on Newsites. The order is with Newsites team on activity 07 LINE PLANT NEWSITES . Latest update is : Informed the CP that we need to wait for 5 working days to get the update on the order.Please continue to monitor this activity on Order Tracker for updates and next review Order Tracker on 29/05/2017 . If the work is being carried out by the onsite developer/builder the Newsites Rep (NSR) will only visit site when the onsite developer/builder contacts Newsites directly to inform of onsite infrastructure readiness. The NSR will arrange to visit site to check quality etc, before progressing the order to the next stage. Newsites team can only advise of next contact with developer/builder and cannot best guess when the developer/builder will actually complete any outstanding work.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
whatstevedid
Hooked

Hi @HarryB - thanks for the further update. Sorry but I'm a little confused by the notes. To clarify, are we saying that Plusnet are waiting on OpenReach to go to site to survey, or that OpenReach are waiting on the builders to confirm something?

In terms of the infrastructure on the new build, I know personally that the cabling from the master socket to distribution is in place, and the ducting from distribution to cab is also ready to go. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@whatstevedid wrote:

To clarify, are we saying that Plusnet are waiting on OpenReach to go to site to survey, or that OpenReach are waiting on the builders to confirm something?

Potentially both.

We're awaiting further updates from Openreach. However The Openreach Newsite Rep will only go out to check the work once they've been advised the site is ready for inspection.

If they go out and find everything is in order and ready to go to the next step, they should update the order and progress it to the next stage. If the site isn't ready for the next stages of the order, I believe the Newsite Rep would advise what further work is required from the builders/developers so they can complete the necessary work (If this work is being carried out by the builders/developers)

@whatstevedid wrote:

In terms of the infrastructure on the new build, I know personally that the cabling from the master socket to distribution is in place, and the ducting from distribution to cab is also ready to go. 

If this is the case and all external work is compete, I'd hope to see confirmation of an engineer appointment following the site survey by the Newsite Rep. However either way, we should have some sort of update towards the end of next week.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
whatstevedid
Hooked

OK thanks @HarryB - I'll wait to see what OpenReach come back with. If you could keep me updated that'd be great.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you've not heard anything towards the end of next week give me a nudge and I'll chase our suppliers for an update Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
whatstevedid
Hooked

Hi @HarryB - spoke to the OpenReach engineer who was sorting next door earlier today, he advised that all the cabling and works, inc survey should have completed on our property now. Any chance you could check if there's any update? Ideally bringing the activation date forward would be the best outcome, no phone signal, home phone or broadband is killing me! Smiley
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately nothing yet Sad

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
whatstevedid
Hooked

Morning @HarryB - I've got OpenReach here this morning (as in, now) doing the work to get the line sorted. They've said they'll do everything required today to get the service activated, is everything ready to go on your end?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @whatstevedid, the notes on your order seem to suggest there is currently no Openreach Network to the site and our suppliers have advised they're now awaiting further updates from their contractors and expect an update by 14/06/17.

Date of note: 29/05/2017
** Openreach currently have no network to site, which is
required before service can be provided for this order.
The work is still in progress with our contractor.

The next update will be by: 14/06/2017

There's also a mentioned that some cabling work is due to be completed by 09/06/17.

Having said this, I believe your complaint case handler is taking personal ownership of this and will be keeping you updated moving forward.

EDIT: You can contact your case handler directly via the ticket on your account Here.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet