Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order stuck on activating line 3 weeks later

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Order stuck on activating line 3 weeks later

Looks like that may be the underlying problem.

Line tests still aren't picking up on a line fault but it's obvious there is one as your router isn't in sync to the line but our tests show your broadband connection is in sync.

If you can reply to this ticket here we can arrange an engineer visit to further investigate.

Drop us a reply back here once you've updated the ticket and I'll take a look.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jordane123
Dabbler

I have replied to that ticket, thank you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is this now resolved?

Line tests still aren't picking up on a line fault but it's obvious there is one as your router isn't in sync to the line but our tests show your broadband connection is in sync.

Has all the hall marks of a crossed line - a BT engineer (or sub contractor) incorrectly connected the copper pair to the green cabinet.

When this is working, check your line by dialling 17070 and confirm that you have the right phone number.

Ask Plusnet to reset your billing start date to the date that the line was connected properly.

Check your current phone calls billing to ensure that you do not get charges for calls made whilst the line was crossed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jordane123
Dabbler

Nope still not resolved, was given a few options for an engineer visit, but then a different member of the support staff let me know that the one I'd chosen was no longer available. Still waiting for them to get back to me on possible new times for a visit.

The last guy on my support ticket seemed to suggest that it was fixable on my end although he wasn't clear on how.
I'm becoming a bit frustrated to tell the truth. Always been with virgin internet, never had any problems like this, shame they don't cover the area I've moved to 🙁.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@MatthewWheeler - can you assist please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I have just tried to call you to discuss this but I wasn't able to get through.

If you can update the ticket we'll get this picked up straight away

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jordane123
Dabbler

Thank you, I have replied to the ticket, couldn't answer the phone, been really busy at work today. I can phone back when I take a break if that's still needed though.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for updating it.

I'll get the appointment booked and the ticket updated shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jordane123
Dabbler

Thank you, is there any way you can leave a message for the engineer for me? Because I live in accomodation above a pub I don't have a doorbell so they'll either have to ring my mobile when they're there or speak to a member of staff (pub opens at 9).
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've passed that information on to them

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team