Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order stuck on Checking your line

FIXED
tiagoespinha

Order stuck on Checking your line

Hi there,

I've just recently moved to a new flat and requested a PlusNet broadband installation.

Now when I check the order status, it shows as "Checking your line" for quite a while already.

Is there perhaps something wrong with my order? Or is there any way to at least expedite the process as I desperately need Internet for work-related reasons?

Thanks,

Tiago

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Order stuck on Checking your line

Hi Tiaga,

It looks like we've been waiting for a pending cease on the line to clear.

A pending cease is where the current provider of the line puts an order through to stop the active services. Whilst that's in progress, no other order can progress through our suppliers systems.

I can see that's completed now, so I'll get this moving forward for you and I'll provide an update via your account shortly.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tiagoespinha

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your reply. Now I see that there's another issue.

I got an e-mail saying:

"There's been a problem with processing your broadband order.

Once we've got more details, we'll deal with this and contact you if we need to."

Is there anything I can do to help push the process along?

Thanks,

Tiago

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi Tiago,

I'd recommend ignoring that message. That's just the fallout of the initial order that's failed.

Your phone line has now been reactivated so I'll place your broadband order and send you an e-mail shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tiagoespinha

Hi Anoush,

It seems there's still something wrong with my order... Today I received the following e-mail:

Getting connected

You've not ordered a Plusnet router, so to connect your existing hardware you'll need the information below:

But this is false. I did order a Plusnet router and don't have it yet. So while my connection is setup, I don't have a router and thus cannot get on the Internet.

Could you check this for me please?

Thanks

Tiago

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Tiago,

I'm not sure why the e-mail says that as a router has definitely been ordered. Having said that, it looks like the router was sent on the day your order completed Sad I'd expect it to arrive within a couple of days.

Once you receive it and set it up you should be good to go.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet