Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order stuck in system for weeks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Order stuck in system for weeks

Hi Stuart, thanks a lot fot for your time on the phone today, again, massive apologies for the issues that we're trying to deal with surround your new property.

I've updated the support ticket on your Plusnet account with detailed information as to what needs to happen moving forward.

You should be able to review this here

Kind regards, Adam

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
cooney1987
Grafter

Two weeks since my connection date for moving home and still no internet.  I was given a third connection date for yesterday which again failed to materialise.  I'm really sorry to hear about Hovie and others' experiences of waiting weeks with no connection and really disappointed to be joining them. I see that Hovie has now given up on Plusnet and has cancelled their order with Plusnet and seeking another provider. 

Two weeks late is unacceptable.  I'm posting here out of frustration at the situation and so others are aware of the situation and the severe delays and failings of the service.  

So disappointed in PlusNet and have little faith that they will resolve what should be a simple procedure.

cooney1987
Grafter

@Hovie I’m still stuck in the system and it’s following exactly the same experience as you. That’s me 15 days now so approaching your number of days now surely. Were you three weeks or four weeks?.

Can I ask if you found a new provider? Any recommendations as I’m so sick and actually disgusted by how Shockingly bad plusnet is? I’ve actually got more chance of getting the covid vaccine quicker than I do of having a working internet connection.

I’m at a loss at what to do. I’ll start researching other companies tonight. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Better to get out now I think. I really don’t want others going through this same experience. We really need to find a good way to warn people to avoid plusnet. My friends, family and work colleagues will certainly be avoiding them. Hopefully that spreads the word from there.
sparrowsendbarn
Dabbler

OMG, I'm reading this and am more fuming than I was as it seems this is a known problem. We have a new build, I entered the request for phone line and broadband on November 5th - payment of £74.98 was taken

Phoned and spoke with Mark who said the request is sitting with Open Reach and that it's a good thing I called when I did because one more day and the request would have been cancelled - so there's nothing in place top check requests between you and Open Reach. Mark told me he would raise a complaint.

30th November. I spoke with Ramzan who kindly informed me Mark had done nothing and the account was still with Open Reach and no complaint had been raised, thanks Mark

Ramzan told me a surveyor needs to come out as my address is Silver Key. What's that I asked. Well, it's more than likely that your address is a new build. Are you kidding me??? I told you all this when I entered the initial request!!!!!

Received this text on 30th Nov [Sms Message: This is to confirm that your phone order is in progress and we will confirm an update on the progress in 3 days and contact you then. Plusnet

That's the last message I've received so I called again on December 2nd and spoke with Steven and received an email

Thanks for your call the order has only just built up on the systems the next course of action will be for the survey team to visit and plan the work that is needed to get you connected we will update you once this has been completed with the next steps.

Kind regards,

That's the last I've heard. I tried calling today but an automated message came on asking me to call back tomorrow

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the complete lack of service and apparent incompetence. There hasn't been a surveyor at the property and having read all of this in the community I'm pretty much certain no-one will turn up.

cooney1987
Grafter

Actually shambles. Can’t believe there’s so many of us in this same situation. I’ve had three failed connection dates and I’m three weeks after first being given a connection date. Still not connected and they seem to have no clue what is going on or to fix this. I continue to be shocked at how incompetent they are