cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order stuck in system for weeks

Hovie
Hooked

Order stuck in system for weeks

Placed request to transfer Broadband service to my new property over 4 weeks ago. Supposedly all straightforward and should have gone live on 6/11.  It didn’t. 
Called Plusnet on 7/11 and when finally got through told order stuck in system and nothing could be done until the Monday 9/11. It hasn’t.
I’ve been in my new home 2 weeks now and still no internet. Couldn’t work from until I bought more mobile phone data.
Ikeep calling Plusnet who just keep saying the order is stuck in BT IT system. Was then Informed it would be activated by midnight on 19/11. On20/11 pm I tried again to get through on phone and after 25 mins of holding was told someone would call me back. NoOne has and I still have no internet service from Plusnet!
Really disappointed. Is this normal?
19 REPLIES 19
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Order stuck in system for weeks

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Hovie
Hooked

3 weeks in new home and still no internet!

Please no more feedback that it’s stuck in system, will update in 48 hours, it’s with suppler to activate, its been escalated, we’ll get you a date in 48;hours, its not been fast tracked, waiting for supplier...
Could I just have a date of when my service will go live please?
cooney1987
Grafter

This is my exact same experience with plusnet. I’m currently in the same boat with no internet after moving home. They’ve given me two supposed connection dates and failed to deliver both times. They no will no longer give me an activation date. They just blame Open reach, just as you have described.

It’s shocking to see that we are both in the same position. I wonder how many others have been treated this way. When they say it’s problems with our suppliers/ open reach it’s nothing more than shifting the blame. They are taking no responsibility for this and doing a disservice to us both as customers. I really hope you get it resolved soon as I also hope for myself.
Hovie
Hooked

Hi Cooney

It’s unacceptable isnt it. I asked them that if they cannot give me an activation date then THEy need to cancel my contract, since they cannot deliver the service. I got a text today to say it would be live midnight on  01/12. Watch this space.! If not then they need to cancel and I’ll go elsewhere. 

cooney1987
Grafter

I hope they follow through this time for you but based on our prior experience who knows! Fingers crossed it’s all ok. I really regret sticking with plusnet for the move.
cooney1987
Grafter

Although Based on your shocking experience I have at least another two weeks with no connection before I receive an activation! Not looking good @plusnet. Is there much coverage of this on Twitter? Other potential customers should really be made aware of just how poor their service is.
Hovie
Hooked

Fingers crossed for you too. I’ll keep you posted if i get connected or if I leave!

cooney1987
Grafter

So @Hovie did you get connected at midnight?  Nothing for me yet.  I've now been waiting a week with no connection. 

Hovie
Hooked

Hi, nothing yet but I think going from previous notifications they sent me they mean midnight tonight. So on 02/12 I”m hoping

to be connected.

I’ll post on here if they do finally connect me, or not!

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ cooney1987,

Apologies for the delay, I've sent you a response here.

Thanks - LF

cooney1987
Grafter

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @cooney1987,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies, it does seem like I had not completely sent my response after speaking to our suppliers.

The ticket has since been updated however I'll call you to discuss this.

Thanks - LF

Hovie
Hooked

Hi Cooney, 

Guess what...No Internet!! I will be escalating my complaint and getting Plusnet to terminate my contract. Whenever I can get through to,them on the phone. Goodness knows how long that will take me to get through! It’s all totally unacceptable and so frustrating for me.

I”ll try my luck with another provider. 

I wish you luck and hope you get the service you signed up for soon.

cooney1987
Grafter

I'm really sorry to hear that Hovie, that's terrible.  I'm just waiting on a call back today with an update.  Hopeful that I get some sort of resolution soon.