cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order status

perthiaur
Hooked

Order status

I joined PlusNet on the 23rd of March and was expecting to have my fibre service up and running by now.  I have had no contact from PlusNet regarding my order status.  How do I find out how my order is progressing?

3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Order status

Hey Perthiaur,

From investigating, it seems that our systems were unable to place a fibre order due to an issue in BT Wholesale's systems. We're being advised that they are unable to confirm fibre availability at the moment. Typically we'd get this if FTTC was withdrawn from the cabinet, though it still shows as ready to order.

I have contacted our suppliers to ask what is stopping the order from proceeding, hopefully we'll have an update soon. Out of interest, did you ever try and order fibre with your existing provider?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
perthiaur
Hooked

Typically what tends to happen, if you stay with a supplier you pay more than a new customer does which really annoys me and probably millions of others! For me in my area, it was cheaper to join Plusnet on 45-50mb fibre as a new customer rather than stay with my current provider on 1.5mb broadband. I did look into staying with BT on fibre as an existing customer and it was available according to their website, but I did not proceed due to their tariffs for an existing customer.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Oh I see, so this is a first time problem.

Hopefully we should have an update soon, I'll keep you posted.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet