cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order "Lost". Now delayed costing me money.

redhall44

Order "Lost". Now delayed costing me money.

I run a IT company and one of my employees has just moved house, I have him on project work this month so this involves working from home rather than the company cover his travel expenses to the office. (All my employees are based from home).

So i agreed to sign off a broadband contract for him. - Usually we use our own telecoms provider. But as for his residential home i allowed him to select any BT wholesale provider that will do business broadband.

He got in contact with yourselves and placed an order with the assumption the line would be installed on the 18th of this month.

It's has been costing us a lot in terms of mobile data when he is at home so i opted to cover his travel expenses until the 18th to a place of work with a more reliable internet connection.

Out of passing leaving the office the other week i told him to chase you guys up to see if there is a cancellation from openreach to get the install date moved forward. He then informed me the order was never placed and you lost it.

Yet our company has received the charge on our bank account/card.

Now you propose an install date of 24th.

I understand how the BT Wholesale works, and open-reach very well. You would incur more costs bringing the date to what was agreed initially. So you wont do it, instead you pass the cost of inconvenience over to me. The customer. For your mistake.

The above is unacceptable.

5 REPLIES 5
kxthleen
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Order "Lost". Now delayed costing me money.

Thanks for getting in touch, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues with this order! Could you private message me on here so I can ask you some more questions and look further into the details on this account?

In regards to the payment you've made already, this covers your service from the date of activation and so another Direct Debit would not be taken until the service has been active for a full month. There is also a credit provided for any time where you have one service but not the other. I know that isn't hugely helpful right now, but do be assured you're not going to be paying anything else til the service is on.

Thanks!

Kathleen Grief
 Plusnet Support
redhall44

I can PM but you should have all the information already. Account name is the username i am using on this forum.

Install was supposed to be today. No one turned up.

I hope to hear soon before placing my review from our company social media.

kxthleen
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have the username from this post, but I would just need to check some other security details with you which we obviously don't want plastered all over the public forums! If you drop me a message we can hopefully get things sorted.

Kathleen Grief
 Plusnet Support
redhall44

• One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list.
kxthleen
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that! This is a new forum account so not all the permissions have been updated. In the meantime, I've updated the account with a new ticket detailing some more information about what's happened here and what we can do moving forward. If you click this link you'll be able to log in and view this ticket.

Kathleen Grief
 Plusnet Support