cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order placed for activation 27th Dec now changed to 8th Jan

defiske8787

Order placed for activation 27th Dec now changed to 8th Jan

I ordered the unlimited fibre broadband package on Tuesday and booked a slot for 27th December AM to have it installed. On Wednesday I receive am email saying it has been changed to the 8th January AM. Why has this been changed? The line is active so why does it take so long to get the broadband working?
2 REPLIES 2
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Order placed for activation 27th Dec now changed to 8th Jan

Is this for fibre?  If so an engineer will need to visit the cabinet to get you connected up, so that would likely be down to engineer availability.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Order placed for activation 27th Dec now changed to 8th Jan

Welcome to the community forums @defiske8787

Sadly it is due to engineer availability. From a query line availability check at your address, there don't seem to be any recently stopped lines for us to restart so we're having to progress this as a new line installation.

In addition, engineer availability is also required to complete the work at the cabinet on the fibre side of things.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet