cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order placed but no progress

pos

Order placed but no progress

Hi,

I placed my order for fibre broadband without phone on the 12th March and our first payment has been taken but I have not heard anything back from Plusnet about how this is progressing. I had a phone call from an Openreach engineer last week who confirmed that he was going to take over my phone line from Sky. I'd have expected this to have gone through by now.

I can't get through on the phone (it's not possible to connect my call) and chat is unavailable.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
-Tom
9 REPLIES 9
Musleh

Re: Order placed but no progress

Same here - the engineer called early in the morning today and called earlier to cancel due to Covid 19.

Plus-net not answering calls or chat not available. Not a good start at all!

Taken below on 03/30/2020

Item     Cost
Installation Charge     £49.99
Line Rental     £19.99
Unlimited Fibre Initial Subscription     £15.99
Unlimited Fibre Discount     £-12.99
Activation Fee Discount     £-10.00
Activation Fee     £10.00
Total     £72.98

pennygall

This has a familiar ring to it (but not the phone!). We placed our order to xfer BB & Homephone to Plusnet on 7th March and the 1st payment was taken at this time, but as yet the transfer which was due last week has not happened. I was told there is no longer Live chat for domestic customers - only for business users when I called PN at the weekend. We also raised a query the day the xfer was due but got no reply as yet.Currently I'm in he phone queue and been waiting about 20 mins for an answer. Oddly the order status show a comment that there is 'a problem with our phone line'. Not true - it's still working fine as is our broadband on our previous provider - John Lewis (Which is actually Plusnet!).

pennygall

I rang Plusnet after my last post and after 25 minutes got through only to be told I needed to speak to the 'Provisioning Team'.

The good news was when the transferred me they only took around 5 minutes to answer and the guy I spoke to was very helpful, and after about 10 minutes he was able to confirm that both our broadband and phone xfer had now been completed. A quick change of router and we were able to confirm everything was working ok.

No idea what the hold-up had been but everything seems hunky dory now Smiley

Liza87

What number and option are you actually getting connected to a person via? I'm not able to even get on a Q!!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to our community forums.

@pos Sorry for the issues with your order. I've looked into this for you and while there's definitely a working line showing at your address, it appears the line is digital we can't takeover I'm afraid. We'd need to install a new line and you'd then need to cancel your services with your existing provider afterwards. Although I believe you've decided to cancel with us altogether. 

Let us know if you do decide come back to us and we'll be happy to help out.

@Musleh I believe I've responded to your issues Here I'm monitoring for updates from our suppliers.

@pennygall Sorry for the rocky transfer to us. Glad to see everything's sorted now though.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

@Liza87 Sorry for the wait times to get through to us. We'll respond to your other thread shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phizz

Hi Gandalf

Similar problem here. I've not had any contact from a OpenReach engineer ( who was supposed to be here this morning) and my order is not progressing. Thankfully, we didn't cancel our current broadband otherwise my fiancee, who is a doctor, who is going to be working in COVID wards and on call, wouldn't have access to her work services! Would we be able to get an update on what is going on? 

PS Phoned the helpline, checked for live help (none available) and DM'd Plusnet Help on Twitter and zip!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @Phizz 

Sorry for the delay with your order. As discussed I've progressed this now putting the order through to our suppliers and I'll monitor this via the support ticket Here and confirm your activation date within 48 hours.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with in the meantime.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Phizz

Thanks for sorting this @Gandalf . 🙂 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Phizz fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet