Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order keeps getting cancelled

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Order keeps getting cancelled

I’ll check this for you tomorrow [once I’m back in the office] to find out what happened with that order.

EDIT: @lizbartun

As far as I can see, we've only placed simultaneous orders which have all unfortunately failed. Sad I'll provide more information to your ticket.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lizbartun
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:
As it's likely that you'll be left without a broadband service when the phone order completes, because I believe your broadband service at the moment is on a LLU/MPF line, so it may ultimately cease when the phone line is converted to BT.

However, we will be able to expedite the fibre order for the earliest completion date possible [usually next working day once the order is confirmed by Openreach] to minimise the potential downtime you may experience.

All is quiet so it looks like the phone order for 8th August is progressing.  I still have phone and fibre - it's been moved over to The Post Office pending the switchover to Plusnet. Perhaps it's just the admin that moved though as it was seemless.

Can you tell me how long I'm likely to be without fibre once the phone is moved?  IE you say it should be next working day once the order is confirmed by Openreach, but how long do you expect it to take for Openreach to confirm the order?

I've posted the question in my ticket as well, so apologies for the double posting but wasn't sure it would be picked up before 9th.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The phone order is still on track for the 8th. Depending when it completes on the day/when line records update we should be able to get the fibre order in place and an expedite submitted the same day.

If not, then we should be able to do that on the 9th. Expedites are usually next working day so should be either the 9th or 10th your fibre service activates but they do depend on engineer availability.

We'll be happy to offer you a gesture of goodwill for the downtime you'll experience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lizbartun
Dabbler

Thank you Anoush, that puts our minds at rest a little.

The router has arrived.  Fingers crossed for next week.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@lizbartun

I've just checked on your account and I can see your phone order has now completed. Coming in to place the fibre order, it appears that fibre is enabled on the line... Is your fibre service still working with your current provider?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lizbartun
Dabbler

Hi thanks, I got a text and email about an hour ago saying the phone has switched over. We do still have fibre.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to hear! We should be able to then just place another order to takeover the active service. We need to wait until the line records have updated following activation of the phone service, which should be tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lizbartun
Dabbler

Hi. Internet has gone off today. My ticket says,

"Thank you for your patience.

Our suppliers have advised us that there is an open cease order that's stuck in their systems which is preventing us from placing your broadband order. They've raised a bridge case to get this manually closed off which should happen within 48 hours.

Once that's done we should be able to place your broadband order, apologies for the continued delays."

Does this mean you can go ahead and order it now? My 11yr old is climbing the walls already lol.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Since there's a stuck order on the back end supplier systems, any order we place is ultimately getting rejected I'm afraid. Sad We need to wait until they've cleared that issue before replacing the order. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lizbartun
Dabbler

OK well I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday for more news. Thanks
lizbartun
Dabbler

please tell me what this means as it might as well be written in Russian for what I understand,

"Thank you for your patience.

Our suppliers have advised us that there is an open exception on the line which is still preventing us from placing your fibre order. This has been escalated to be dealt with at a priority. We've been asked to check back on the 24th August.

[Internal]
BTW Agent-IB (16:59:21)
I have checked the details And can see that the Tags team have Updated as follows:Please be advised that we have checked the records and found that there is an open exception on the line and suppliers team has sent an email to concerned team to progress it. However we have escalated with them to get this done on priority. Request you to review this on 24/08/2017. Thank you.

Kind regards,"

My patience is beginning to wear thin.

The Post Office have confirmed to me that they ended our service on the 15th August.

What is an open exception?

Why is it taking so long to close it?

It's Monday - having to now wait until Thursday for more news does not make it feel like much of a priority.
lizbartun
Dabbler

Also, on checking the DSL checker for my number this evening it states,

"There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 08-Aug-2017."

Is this the open cease order they were supposed to be raising a bridge case to manually close off in 48 hours last week? Or something else?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The open cease order appears to basically be stuck within the supplier systems. Whilst I appreciate the date we’ve been given doesn’t feel like a priority at all, I’ve just passed the info on that we’ve received. We’ll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill once this is over.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lizbartun
Dabbler

@Gandalf on the 16th August you told me the stuck cease order had completed but were waiting on the line records updating. On the 17th still not updated, to be reviewed today. Today there is an open exception. It seems to be one thing after another. IF this gets resolved by Thursday (and I'm not holding out much hope tbh) are there likely to be any further hurdles?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Whilst the cease has completed, the order doesn't appear to be closed off which is likely the underlying reason behind why line records indicate that broadband is still enabled on the line, preventing us from successfully placing the order Sad

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet