cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order keeps getting cancelled

lizbartun
Dabbler

Order keeps getting cancelled

Hello.  I'm wondering if my issue can be escalated please?  Time is running out.

I first placed my Plusnet order on 18th June.  I got an email from my current fibre provider confirming the date my service will end with them.  And then it apparently got cancelled - by Opal Telecom (who are Opal Telecom?)  Plusnet put the order through again.  This cycle has happened three times now.  In fact, the last time it happened Plusnet didn't even bother to inform me and I contacted them on Monday to inform them my router hadn't arrived as I was supposed to be going live the next day.

I've been back to my provider who say it is 'stuck' with BT Openreach.  I updated the ticket to this effect on Tuesday but it looks like I've got to wait until Monday before it gets picked up.  I'm just getting really fed up now.

My current provider is leaving the fibre market and migrating all customers over to The Post Office on 1st August and I was expecting it all to be sorted well before then.  I have told The Post Office I'm moving to another provider so I didn't take up their 'special offer' of a shiny new 18 month contract to keep the price as it was.  Which means if this isn't sorted by then my service will migrate to them and I will have to pay £6 per month more than I have been and still be stuck in a new 18 month contract.  Or possibly worse - no service at all.

Is this able to be sorted before 1st August?  And who are Opal Telecom, whom Plusnet say have cancelled the orders?

38 REPLIES 38
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Order keeps getting cancelled

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

Opal telecom is another name for TalkTalk so your current provider will be using their infrastructure.

We're going to try to place another order for you today with a new number to see if this resolves the issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lizbartun
Dabbler

Thanks.  I've had an email/text about the phone line estimated start on 31 July.  No mention of the fibre.  Not holding out much hope tbh.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The fibre order has been placed too and we should be able to confirm the date for this tomorrow,

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lizbartun
Dabbler

Got an email from Plusnet 30 minutes ago - "We can confirm that your order for home phone has been cancelled.  Should you wish to sign up for our home phone service in the future you can do so through our website..."

Sounds pretty final this time

Edited to add "from Plusnet"

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

That email was sent before we placed your order again with Openreach. I'd recommend ignoring that.

We'll provide confirmation shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lizbartun
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf.  Another simultaneous order has gone in this morning.  I've updated my ticket.  For anyone else interested my provider (Fuel Broadband) are to contact Opal Telecom to find out why they keep cancelling it.  I should have an update tomorrow.

Chris
Legend

Thank you for getting back, if you let us know when you've heard back from Fuel that'd be great.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lizbartun
Dabbler

No news from Fuel yesterday so I called them this afternoon.  As far as they are concerned the order will go through for 1st August and Openreach say the order to Plusnet is going through and they can see no reason why it won't go through.

However.

At 4pm this afternoon I received this email:

Dear lizbartun,

Account username: xxxxxxxxxxxx

We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled.

Should you wish to sign up for our Home Phone service in the future, you can do so though our website - https://www.plus.net/upgrade_process.html

Want more information?

----------------------

Our support site has lots of information on Home Phone:

https://www.plus.net/help/phone/

If you need help, get in touch with our Support Team using the Help Assistant ( http://help.plus.net/ ) or call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.

Kind regards,

Plusnet Customer Support

http://www.plus.net/

Email ref: E0743

--

Plusnet plc

Registered Office: The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU Registered in England no: 3279013

*sighs*

Chris
Legend

Hi Liz, I'm very sorry that this order has hit issues. This time it's not actually the old provider that has cancelled it, the broadband order has hit a delay and this has caused the phone order to cancel. I've replaced them and moved the ticket to our team here to monitor so we can pick up on any issues asap.

lizbartun
Dabbler

@Chris wrote:

Hi Liz, I'm very sorry that this order has hit issues. This time it's not actually the old provider that has cancelled it, the broadband order has hit a delay and this has caused the phone order to cancel. I've replaced them and moved the ticket to our team here to monitor so we can pick up on any issues asap.

OK thanks.  So is this why there are no new service notices/questions in my Help Assistant area?  I feel completely in the dark now lol.

Chris
Legend

The same ticket as previous is still open, at the moment we're just waiting for the orders to commit before providing a further update. https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=153385717

lizbartun
Dabbler

Thank you, my order is now due for 4th August.  Any idea what will happen to my phone/fibre between 1st (when it was going to be moved to The Post Office) and 4th?  I guess I should probably be asking Fuel that question.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I just have checked on your order.

Unfortunately, it has been cancelled yet again. I have been speaking with our suppliers at great length about this.

We have identified that the simultaneous order [Phone & Fibre] cannot progress through their systems for your line.

This is because a CTAG exception has been generated, which happens when the inner tag value and the outer tag value (Values related to VLAN which is unique) is not built in the Openreach applications.

The easiest way to put it, is that there is a mismatch of records on their systems. This affects how simultaneous order progress, and if affected I'm advised it'll stop the majority simultaneous orders we place from going through.

It's a known issue that our suppliers are working on fixing.

Moving your order forward, we unfortunately have to instead place the two orders separately.

By first taking over the phone line [which I've just placed now, and the 10 working day lead time has effectively been restarted]. Sad  Once this has happened we can place your fibre order.

As it's likely that you'll be left without a broadband service when the phone order completes, because I believe your broadband service at the moment is on a LLU/MPF line, so it may ultimately cease when the phone line is converted to BT.

However, we will be able to expedite the fibre order for the earliest completion date possible [usually next working day once the order is confirmed by Openreach] to minimise the potential downtime you may experience.

I am very sorry that you're experiencing problems with your order. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lizbartun
Dabbler

Thank you for the update.  I think the separate order approach has been tried (unsuccessfully) already.  Or perhaps this is a different, separate order approach?  Anyhow, I'll call Fuel tomorrow and see if they know what my situation will be after 1st August.