cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order keeps being cancelled

miniman
Hooked

Order keeps being cancelled

Singed up on 4th March and its now 14th April and still not connected, been cancelled once and now it looks like its being cancelled again, is this normal practice?

Should have been connected on the 18 April but I've not received the router yet and now its bank holidays so no post.

Thinking this may have been a bad move.

12 REPLIES 12
miniman
Hooked

Re: Order keeps being cancelled

Yup cancelled again until May 5 with no guarantee, maybe June, July or August who knows.  Sorry Plusnet your not that good to wait two  or more months for.

Time to ring Sky back.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @miniman

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding the issue with your orders and welcome to the community forums. From looking at your orders they seem to be failing because there is a cease order on the line which is due to complete on the 03/05/2017 and we are unable to do anything until the cease is complete or cancelled.

miniman
Hooked

Hi @BenB

If that's the case than why has my Sky broadband and phone line now been disconnected????Huh

Have no broadband or phone now, am I meant to wait until the 1st of may for you to connect me??????

I'm afraid I cant wait that long, are you going to pay the extra cost on my mobile data????

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi miniman,

This is because Sky have taken steps to place the cease orders we've mentioned.

This step was unnecessary on their part as it's caused your request to transfer services to us to be cancelled.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
miniman
Hooked

I'm sorry but something doesn't add up here.

For starters why has this been going on for almost two months.

Why has the router taken 8 weeks to arrive, two days after the latest alleged connection date.

Why was the router posted two days after the order was cancelled.

Why would Sky terminate the service on the date you instructed them to if they had no intention to pass it to you.

You blame Sky, Sky blame you and I'm left in the middle with no phone line, no broadband and I've lost my telephone number to Open Reach

Your customer service team was of no help, the only answer they could give was sorry cant help you.

Sky have on the other hand been very helpful and have matched your price, so I will be going back to them.

Sorry Plusnet or should I say EE but as far as I can see you caused the problem and made a complete mess of it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@adamwalker - yes this really does need feedback!

Someone needs to explore how provide failures relating to loosing supplier blocking cease orders are proactively managed.  May be PN ought to be profiling these issues as well as communicating with the customer.  How might a process along the lines of the following be implemented...

1. Accept order & place with BTw
  2. If order fails - record reason for later data analysis and identification of recurrent issues
  3. If failure is related to loosing provider blocking cease notice...
    a. Explicitly notify the customer that their existing supplier has taken action which blocks order processing
    b. Ask if user notified existing supplier of their intention to move
    c. If yes ask user to request removal of cease instruction
    d. If no record for data analysis such that per ISP profiles can be built identifying those obstructing the migration process
  4. Report findings to Ofcom and do yourselves proud

Whilst most customers have no idea how migration should work (and have little reason to want to) when it goes wrong because THEIR existing supplier blocks the process and Plusnet simply keeps attempting to replace the order WITHOUT COMMUNICATING WHAT IS GOING WRONG then YOUR users are not likely to be happy bunnies.  Rather they'll just think PN is incompetent blaming everyone else for service delivery failures.

Managing customer expectations more professionally will lead to a dramatic increase in reputation ... persistingly allowing the failure of others to control your destiny can only bring you more ill repute.

Edit: Add "wrong tags on line" as another use case to profile.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have removed the fix as the issue has not been resolved.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

miniman
Hooked

As you point out, as a customer I have no idea how migration works and don't understand the technical terms that you use.

I was never told by Plusnet to contact Sky because they were blocking the changeover ( didn't even know they could do that), the only information I had was that the order was cancelled again and again, what I don't understand is that if Sky had blocked the order why was the line disconnected on the agreed date of changeover.

All I know is that I wont have broadband for another two weeks and as far as I can see it was Plusnet that was at fault,

I decided to go back to Sky because I had no confidence in Plusnet to ever get me connected, Sky customer services for all their bad press were very helpful unlike Plusnet, and they also matched your price.

How a simple process of changing providers could result in no broadband and no phone line for over a month is unacceptable in this day and age let alone the loss of a phone number that I have held for over twenty years.

I have changed providers a number of times before, including leaving Sky and have never had this much hassle before.

I will probably change from Sky in a years time but I certainly wont be trying Plusnet again.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Did you at any stage tell Sky that you were leaving?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
miniman
Hooked

Yes I did and it was confirmed with a date that plusnet set when I logged on to my sky account.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sadly a cease order from the current supplier will "trump" a migration (provide) order with a new supplier.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm afraid you triggered all the problems yourself. Sky have interpreted your notification as a cancellation (not a migration) and placed a cease on the line which has prevented Plusnet's order going ahead (it forced Plusnet's order to be cancelled and prevented them placing a new order).

If Sky had not placed the cease order their service would have been automatically cancelled when OpenReach moved you across to Plusnet.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)