Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order is being prepared

FIXED
Lagunaloire
Dabbler

Order is being prepared

Hi there,

I ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra on 3rd Feb, swapping from Sky. Received an email on 7th Feb saying order was being processed but have heard nothing since then. Regularly checked order page and it has been stuck on this for approaching 9 working days:

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 11.21.17.png

Is this normal? £40 has been taken from me for first month's payment & setup fees yet I have a suspicion that nothing's actually been done yet. Looking through similar threads on this forum it sounds like my order may have been skipped over? Sad

Thanks in advance.

-LB

33 REPLIES 33
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Order is being prepared

Hi @Lagunaloire, thank you contacting us via the forums.

So I can check this out for you, please drop me a private message with the account username and I'll get it looked at for you.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Lagunaloire
Dabbler

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me. Just dropped you a PM.

Thanks,

LB

sdpaddock

Looks like the super customer service is not so super !

Also signed up to move from BT and duly got a letter from BT confirming that changeover would take place on 17th Feb .  Heard nothing from PlusNet .... no router or mails ........  Will BT cut me off tomorrow ? 

Not a very good start !!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've looked into your account @Lagunaloire and I can see both your phone and fibre order are due to go live on the 07/03/17.

Apologies for the delay.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi Louis,

Yes the orders have been replaced as confirmed last night, and I've checked them just now. This should activate by midnight of 07/03/2016. With the activation date being next month, it means you do not get billed in March as your next invoice will be in April. Further to your additional question, you do not an engineer to activate the broadband.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Lagunaloire
Dabbler

Hi Mark / Anoush,

Appreciate you both getting back to me, conflicting answers there though? Is it 3rd or 7th? Good to hear about the invoice though, that was a big concern so thank you for clarifying.

Will I definitely not need an engineer present Mark? I'm swapping from Sky ADSL to Fibre so assumed someone would need to come round, the email I received last night said an engineer will be present but didn't specify the date.

Sorry to be a pain, just want to make sure I know what's going on Smiley

Thanks,

LB

EDIT - Scratch that I see answers have been edited so you're both in alignment, I've just had another email stating that an engineer will not need to be present as well. Shame about the additional wait but I'm glad the next bill won't be until April. Thank you both for the help.

Lagunaloire
Dabbler

One last thing sorry guys @BasilBrush @Anoush

When can I expect to receive my router?

Thanks!

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the response Louis.

Fibre activations are done in the cabinet now; this is a result of new equipment available since November 2015 which eliminates need of an internal visit. Furthermore, your router should come 1-2 working days before completion.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Lagunaloire
Dabbler

Great. Thanks again Mark, really appreciate the help.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Lagunaloire wrote:
Will I definitely not need an engineer present Mark? I'm swapping from Sky ADSL to Fibre so assumed someone would need to come round, the email I received last night said an engineer will be present but didn't specify the date.

@BasilBrush and/or @Anoush

Having switched from Sky myself, your emails do make it sound like an engineer is booked to attend our homes, as it also appears that @Lagunaloire believed.

Can these automated emails be looked at to make it clear that the engineer will be carrying out works in the exchange?

Now I know this isn't the case for x amount that migrate to PN, as some may not have a working line, but it would certainly save us either calling your help line, thus clogging it up or having to ask on these forums.

(just a thought;))

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@DS, I have raised this internally to be looked at closer to see if the content of these emails can be made clearer about the engineer visits and whether or not they require access to a customers property or if the work is done solely at the cabinet.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Thanks for that @jaread83 Smiley

Possibly mention this to whomever or whatever sends similar via text message too....?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Yep, no worries. Just added the inclusion of SMS to the internal ticket I have raised. I am always on the lookout for this type of feedback and the 'should I be in for the engineer?' question is a recurring question I am seeing on the community so I imagine there are a lot of calls aboout it too.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Lagunaloire
Dabbler

Hi all,

@BasilBrush @Anoush

Me again. Quick question - the Order Tracker on my account still says that I don't have an order in progress. Will this be updated?

Thanks,

Louis