Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order frustration

FIXED
theoldandgrey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Order frustration

I am a COVID-10 volunteer and in desperate need of a stable broadband.  After spending time with vulnerable clients and having to apologise several times whilst filling in forms on their  behalf  as the broadband keeps dropping I decided to upgrade to fibre.  I was assured it would be 10-14 days  but there is no sign of the router being despatched yet.  I cannot afford to be without my broadband should the changeover happen before the router arrives.  Our clients are very vulnerable and depend on our service.  When is it all likely to happen.  Plusnet has let me down

12 REPLIES 12
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Order frustration

Thanks for getting in touch @theoldandgrey

It looks like this didn't go through due to a system issue.

I've put it through for you again and we'll get the new router to you as soon as possible

There will be some downtime on the day whilst the engineer carries out the work to upgrade your connection but this is usually no more than 30 minutes

I've taken personal ownership of this moving forwards and I'll update you as soon as I know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
theoldandgrey
Rising Star

Right thank you I really do need it as I am losing broadband every two or three minutes which does not help when dealing with the old and vulnerable who do not understand broadband.  Will I know when Open Reach are going to cut me off temporarily so I can plan my time?  Thank you

theoldandgrey
Rising Star

I now have a further query I ordered a prepaid line rental has this been actioned as I see you are charging me broadband and line rental.  I had an email on 28 May saying it had been but now I am wondering

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @theoldandgrey

I'll update your account shortly with more details

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
theoldandgrey
Rising Star

Hi I see today that   my date for completion has now gone to midnight on the 19th.  This is the third date I have been given in 24 hours, is it likely to be the last?  Once  more I am becoming frustrated and unhappy that after all my broadband years with you first with Waitrose and greenbee and now Plusnet I am being subjected to this uncertainty.  As mentioned before I am an integral part of  a COVID 19 support team and this problem is causing difficulties with staffing.

I followed advice on another post and checked the BT Broadband availability checker and there is no mention of an open order.

Thanks for your patience and help

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Hi I see today that   my date for completion has now gone to midnight on the 19th

Was your completion date previously the 18th ? in which case I suspect it hasn't actually changed, just a slightly different message. 'By midnight on the 19th', in PlusNet speak, really means by 00:00 on the 19th i.e anytime up to 23:59 on the 18th!

Confusing isn't it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

theoldandgrey
Rising Star

The first date I was given was the 17th then the 18th then 19th

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @theoldandgrey

I can confirm the order is due to complete on the 18th

As advised above the messaging can be confusing

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
theoldandgrey
Rising Star

I received an email just after midnight to say my router was being dispatched today 12 June.  At 1p.00am today 12 June it arrived.  Either Royal Mail has developed wings, which I doubt, or someone at Plusnet has dispatched earlier.  Anyway thanks for that I await the connection now

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Either Royal Mail has developed wings, which I doubt, or someone at Plusnet has dispatched earlier

I think dispatch probably have a time machine🙄

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

theoldandgrey
Rising Star

Fix

Thanks to Matthew Wheeler who got my upgrade finally completed and running effectively (so far)  I apologise for giving him a hard time via my tickets but I was between a rock and a hard place in connection with my work.  However all is resolved and I am sure that without his input the failure of my original order would not have been discovered and dealt with so quickly.  Thank you Matthew 😃

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem @theoldandgrey

Enjoy your new Fibre service!

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team