cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Order for broadband placed but stuck'

FIXED
judleymum

'Order for broadband placed but stuck'

I keep getting delays for my broadband and messages i cannot make sense of in the updates.

"We have checked the details and found that the order for line is complete and order for broadband is placed but stuck hence we have cancelled the order for broadband placed not only that we have taken further follow up on the account to check and advise all the details."

The most recent one:

"Apologies for the delay. Unfortunately the stuck order is yet to be cancelled completely. I have raised it with the relevant team to get the same cancelled and we have been assured that the order should be removed from all the applications by 03/06/2023. We will keep you informed once the order is replaced."

Also:

"informed that the order is stuck in Automation in Progress. I have raised a Bridge Case to Progress the Order."

Can anyone please explain what any of this means in laymans terms? They got the phone line working straight away and the router arrived promptly, but they bombard me with these updates that you wouldn't make sense of if you arent working in this field.

It sounds like theyre trying to cancel my order? To cancel and reorder? For what purpose and how long would that take!

Any one care to shed light on this situation will be much appreciated. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: 'Order for broadband placed but stuck'

Fix

@judleymum 

Hello and a warm welcome to the forums.

When placing service provide orders with BT Openreach and BT Wholesale there is a whole raft of data integrity checks which need to be performed before an order is accepted by the supplier.  These integrity checks include ensuring that the information you provide about address, telephone number etc. tally up with what is already known within BT's systems.  One of the key purposes for this is to inhibit a line take over order (known as slamming) being placed on the wrong line.

However, far too often there are errors in BT's data (both Openreach and Wholesale) which cause orders to fail, because THEIR details of address (especially house name) does not match the details provided by the subscriber.  When these issues arise, the orders need to be cancelled and BT's data updated before the order can be re-raised.

Unfortunately the data correction activity is left to the ISP to sort out (BT never owns their failures) - the ISP does not know that there is a problem until the order fails.  Orders can become stuck in that they neither progress nor failing within BT's business systems.  When this happens unpicking the mess needs "special" escalations known as a "bridge case".  BT's response times for a bridge case is typically 48 hours (two working days).

Also unfortunately BT only fix the issue right in front of them ... they NEVER pipe-clean the whole of the order process ... all that an ISP can do is to re-raise the order and hope that it does not fail again.  If it fails again, then another bridge case needs to be raised...

Exactly what has gone wrong in your case needs input from a staff member.

One typical cause of delays, cancelled orders etc., is where a USER told their existing supplier that they plan to leave.  In such situations the existing supplier raises a cease order on the line ... which blocks all other orders until the old service is terminated.  Only then can the new ISP place orders successfully.  In the meantime the user is typically without any service for 2 weeks.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

judleymum

Re: 'Order for broadband placed but stuck'

Good evening,
Thank you very much for your detailed reply it explains everything well to me. What a ridiculous system! I did cancel my order with plusnet earlier but i imagine ill run into the same problem again when i choose a new provider. We'll soon see.

Thanks a lot again for the explanation.
Cheers, M