FIXED
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Order due to go live.. No router.

Hi @JustAnotherMug,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear that, I appreciate it's not the best of experiences. Please accept my apologies for this.

We have received your complaint and I understand you will be contacted soon to discuss the matter in detail.

In the meantime, let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

Whywee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Router arrived today - 3 days after going live. The postage label on box shows the router was only posted yesterday.. Yes, yesterday! Despite being told it was, firstly, posted last Thursday and again on Tuesday.
So Plusnet, Please contact me to arrange for a refund for the service I have not used and the goodwill gesture you have pledged.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Fix

Hi @Whywee,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've sent you an update here.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks - LF

davidannoyed

Hello Gandalf, My router arrived today, and my service is now up and running. It is such a shame that your companies reputation should be tarnished by such a problem. Simple solution - put in a system to ensure routers are posted out of the warehouse one week ahead of live date.

please credit me for the one day that I was without internet and offer me a gesture of goodwill for my inconvenience.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot for letting us know, the router definitely should have shipped out sooner. We don't send them out any further in advance as we need to know that the broadband order is progressing as intended before they dispatch. 

I've just arranged a credit on your next bill which I've documented on the account here: 
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=190032429

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pj49
Hooked

I am yet another member of the no router team. Arranged transfer from BT to Plusnet 3 weeks ago and I selected transfer date of Monday 13th May. Still no router received by today so used Plusnet online chat. Router dispatch now arranged and should arrive next week. Thankfully I have found instructions on how to use my existing BT hub to connect if broadband is switched in 2 days time. Plusnet haven’t offered any explanation as to why router dispatch has been delayed.

AntF
Hooked

Thanks a lot for letting us know, the router definitely should have shipped out sooner. We don't send them out any further in advance as we need to know that the broadband order is progressing as intended before they dispatch. 

I sort of get this, but I had paid up front for line rental so had committed to everything going ahead to the tune of £200.

I had also given over 3 weeks notice of when I wanted the service to commence - which it did with the changeover happening as  expected - no problem with that. Just no method of actually connecting. My router was locked to previous ISP so I bought a new one as I needed to use the service.

What sort of compensation are people receiving, if you don't mind me asking?

Pj49
Hooked

AntF can’t add too much. I also ordered three weeks in advance, paid for annual line rental upfront and still didn’t get any sign of router shipment until I contacted them today. Re the bit about not shipping routers until they know that broadband order is progressing as intended that seems a poor excuse. My broadband is scheduled to go active on Monday but when I contacted Plusnet today it is clear my router hasn’t been dispatched and there is no chance of it arriving on or before Monday, the date of activation. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @Pj49.

We're sincerely sorry that this has happened.

On checking the account we can see that it has now been dispatched. Whilst the standard delivery time is 3-5 working days, it's sent first class and so you should realistically expect to receive it within the next couple of days.

If you can let us know here when it arrives we'll be able to ensure that any downtime is credited against the bill.

Pj49
Hooked

Thanks OskarPapa. I have a BT HH5 lined up ready for the switch from BT to PlusNet tomorrow. Chose this router because it looks the easiest to configure. Later this week I will try my BT Smart Hub and the PlusNet router then decide which to stick with. As suggested I will let you know when the PlusNet router arrives.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

fwiw @Pj49 

The BTHH5 or the BTH6 (Smart Hub) needs you to type in your Plusnet username and password in the broadband username section on each router

(both routers have how to's somewhere on these forums - though note for the residential Hub6 there is no save button after typing in your details, it will just save them for you)

In both cases, I strongly suggest you factory reset each one and turn off Smart Setup.

Then use whichever you prefer Smiley

(though for a hassle free life, I'd go with the H6)

Details for turning off Smart Setup can be found here

Pj49
Hooked

Thanks DS. My PlusNet broadband is now up and running using my existing BT Smart Hub. The instructions on how to use the Smart Hub which I found in this community worked perfectly. 

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Glad to hear it Thumbs_Up

Pj49
Hooked

Router has just arrived this afternoon. I will test it at the weekend. No need for Plusnet to worry about credit for downtime as I have been using my BT Smart Hub.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that's arrived @Pj49, thanks for letting us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet