Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order due to go live.. No router.

FIXED
Whywee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Order due to go live.. No router.

And another thing. We're is my Mastercard redemption email?
This should be sent 10 days after I signed up for you service so kindly tell me where this is and will I be receiving it today?
AntF
Hooked

I now have a live connection but cannot use it as router still not here. I am sending this while connect to mobile data which isn't ideal as it will soon start to cost money.

This issue seems to be affecting quite a few people yet as noted by others, still the routers are only posted by Royal Mail with a hope they arrive early. Why are you not sending by next day delivery as you have caused this issue and should be doing everything you can to resolve it, not just hoping the thing arrives and then chucking a handful of pennies at us for our trouble.

Just checked and still not been sent!

I have an old Netgear BG835GT but can't make this work so may have to go and buy a new router to resolve this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Whywee, from our cashback terms Here:

1. How do I claim for my cashback or Gift Card?

You'll get an email sent to the address you provided when you signed up. You'll normally receive this email within 10 working days of your first service being up and running.

Open the email and click on the link — it's valid for two months from the date we sent it. You'll then be directed to an online form. Fill in your details on this form and then click 'submit'.

You'll then see a confirmation screen — your Plusnet Reward is on its way.

You should receive your reward within 30 days of receiving confirmation that it's on its way. It will be sent either via post or email, depending on the type of reward.

@AntF, I'm sorry to see you've not received your router yet. Unfortunately it looks like your router order is delayed due to the bank holiday weekend. We'll ensure you get this as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Why are you not sending by next day delivery as you have caused this issue and should be doing everything you can to resolve it, not just hoping the thing arrives and then chucking a handful of pennies at us for our trouble.

While I again do sincerely apologise for the late arrival of your router, I'd say that the majority of our routers arrive within 2 working days via 1st class post although I appreciate we could've ordered yours sooner as there was a bank holiday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davidannoyed

AHi, exactly the same problem. Internet ordered 3 weeks ago, due to go live tomorrow - no router sent out.

contacted chat, got no satisfaction. Will now be sent tomorrow. Why not tonight on  next day delivery ?

plus net rated best for customer service ? Not a good start. Really annoyed.

Whywee
Rising Star

On another post here on this forum your colleague has stated the following:

'You should receive a redemption email from us for the card within 10 working days following the day you signed up with us. We've not quite reached that yet but please do let us know if you haven't received anything by the weekend'

So why are you telling me that it is 10 days from line usage and not 10 days from sign up which is what others are told?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@davidannoyed, I'm sorry that it appears you're in a similar position. I've checked your account and I can confirm your router has been ordered following your conversation with an adviser earlier on. Unfortunately as per my previous replies we're unable to send a router any other class of delivery as we don't have any new routers in the office to manually post out. 

@Whywee, I've found the thread you're referring to and I've discussed this with my colleague who sends his apologies for the typo. We can confirm that our Cashback Terms and Conditions are correct. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Whywee
Rising Star

Good grief.
2 days into my account going live and still no router!
What an utter shambles plusnet are proving to be.
Never ever in 20 years of using the Internet with various providers has one ever failed to provide basic equipment in advance of the account going live.
I wish that I had stayed with my previous supplier now!
Shame on Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm so sorry for the issue with this whywee, as it was dispatched yesterday they can take up to 3 working days to reach you so please let us know if for some reason that doesn't reach you by the weekend. 

We will make sure we arrange an appropriate gesture of good will once it's reached you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AntF
Hooked

I have had to go out and buy a router as mine hasn't turned up yet either and I really need to send files. Any savings I had made by moving to Plusnet have just been wiped out as well as some of the the reputation of the company, built up from being a satisfied mobile customer. The last time I felt so frustrated  with a BB company was when I signed up to BT and the [-Censored-]storm of crappy service that followed, so perhaps that is the BT influence on Plusnet.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

AntF
Hooked

The Bank Holiday has nothing to do with this delay. If you say it takes up to 5 days to deliver why are you not posting the thing at least a week before you expect the service to go live? If I hadn't called to ask where it was I doubt it would have been posted at all. I appreciate the apologies and offers of compensation but there is clearly some issue with the online ordering process.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, we're not blaming the bank holiday in relation to Whywee's issue. It was my fault (hands up and apologies have been offered) that the router wasn't dispatched when I last responded, @Gandalf corrected that yesterday, made me aware of the issue and dispatched the router there and then. 

I can see @Gandalf dispatched your router then too so we do expect that to reach you by this weekend. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Whywee
Rising Star

Look at my order status I see that the hardware is still processing. Not sent nor dispatched status.
Looking at many many threads going back to 2016 regarding routers not beibg sent out until after an account is live, it would seem that this problem has never been fixed by Plusnet. Your hardware dispatch process needs overhauling or you'll be back to the abismal trusted reviews you had a few years back!
AntF
Hooked

Sorry, I was replying to a response to me but it didn't copy the quote. I was told the Bank Holiday delayed the arrival of my router - this was not the real problem as up to the time of me calling on Saturday 4th May the router wasn't ordered. I place a BB order on 15th April and paid for 12 months line rental at that point too. There was plenty of time to send the router from that point onwards and have it here in good time.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Whywee,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I totally understand your disappointment so your feedback is appreciated and has been noted. The router order has been relayed to the warehouse so the dispatch information should update soon.

@AntF, thanks for getting in touch. Apologies for this, again it is valid feedback that has been noted. We do review our processes from time to time so your comments will have been noted.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

JustAnotherMug

Same issue. Seems to be somewhat common for router not to be delivered on time (or in fact even ordered). Tried to ring to seek a solution, ended up with plusnet cutting me off. Twice. Like others, I suggested that plusnet send out a router next day delivery.... this is not impossible as plusnet claim. Next day delivery services exist and presumably plusnet have some routers so....... Real reason is that it is just too much effort........make the mugs wait. £10 for cutting me off twice and making me spend 3 hours on the phone for a problem that is entirely of Plusnets making? Honestly, just keep it, that is just insulting. #WorstBroadbandEver