Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order due to go live.. No router.

FIXED
Whywee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Order due to go live.. No router.

My order is due to go live on the 7th. However, you have not dispatched my router, and considering that it is a Bank Holiday weekend that gives you 1 working day for my router to arrive (tomorrow).
Could you please get the route out to me priority.
44 REPLIES 44
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Order due to go live.. No router.

Hello there, 

I'm sorry that the router hasn't dispatched yet. I've just seen to that myself. We do advise that routers can take up to 3 working days but they do usually arrive on the next day. However please let me know if it doesn't reach you in time. 

I've given our incident team a heads-up in case there's a more widespread issue that needs to be looked at. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AntF
Hooked

I have exactly the same issue and my service should also go live on 7th May. No router or email to say it has been sent. Called Plusnet today to be told it hasn't been ordered and will take 3-5 days. What is going on? There seems to be some issue with the ordering system and seems a great way to annoy customers even before the service has commenced. So what am I supposed to do  when my new service starts but I cannot connect to it? Not a good start.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @AntF

I am really sorry to hear that your hardware was not dispatched on time, I agree this is not the start that we would like for you.

I can see that you have spoken with a colleague earlier today who has dispatched the router for you, you can view these details here As this will most certainly not be with you on your activation date I do apologise and we will ensure that you are credited for the period up to you plugging in your router.

I will also forward on this to my manager to see if there has been any issues with hardware delivery at all.

Once again I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

AntF
Hooked

I appreciate the apology for the issue but it doesn't resolve anything. When my internet and email is not working on Tuesday and I need to send and receive files for my job, what do you suggest I do? Will Plusnet pay for wifi access as simply crediting the days I am without a connection isn't going to be much in monetary terms compared to the problems it will create in not being able to work. Or perhaps I will be paid for as many days work as I cannot complete? I have already paid up front for 12 months line rental - is this completely refundable if I cancel? Although, I guess with the bank holiday I will run into issues even trying to do this.

I am with Plusnet for mobile and found the service good and was hoping the BB would be similar - looks like I, along with quite a few others on here, may have made a mistake.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Who is your current broadband provider? In many cases, providing you are going for a like for like service, entering your PN username and password into your current router will get you online.

AntF
Hooked

Hi, currently with EE with their Brightbox 2 router. I have been looking into the options of doing this but some suggest the router is locked to EE. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @AntF,

I'm sorry that your router wasn't dispatched in time and for the inconvenience that this has caused, feedback has been passed on about this. If you get back in touch once you've received the new router, we will arrange a pro-rata refund of your subscription charges for the period of time that you've been unable to use your service and can also look into a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused. We are unable to compensate for any alternative services that you may use in the meantime and I'm afraid we cannot take your home working into account, as this is a residential account and is not intended to be used for work purposes.

The Brightbox 2 router is locked to EE and cannot be configured to our network, I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Whywee
Rising Star

So here we are on the 7th, my activation date. I still have no plusnet router and now no Internet because you have switched over my line fro my previous supplier. Plusnet have not even updated my order status on my account since I placed my order on day 1! And despite requesting a router on Thursday my account still shows the item as not dispatched!
Well done Plusnet. What an utter shambles of a start to my Plusnet experience. I hope you will be offering some compensation for this mess!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Whywee, I do sincerely apologise that you haven't received your router yet. Sad I've given the hardware component a kick and I can see the router order is now processing. It should make today's post and hopefully you should receive it tomorrow as it'll go via 1st class delivery, although I believe the standard lead time we have to advise is 3-5 days. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Whywee
Rising Star

Are you kidding me Plusnet?
You have just sent me this only minutes ago:
We'll email you again to confirm when your order has shipped

• Delivery will take 3-5 working days from dispatch
So you had not even bothered to place an order for the router until today, activation day???!

Whywee
Rising Star

This is really not good enough!!
I had contacted you last week about my concerns about no router and was assured then it would be posted and with me n 3 days but likely 1 day.
And now 5 days later I have had to contact you again on my activation date to get you to actually order a router! Is this for real!?
I thought that I had moved over to a competent Internet supplier. So far you are anything but. I will now be without any internet for up to 5 days!!
So what had been the problem here?
And what will you be doing to compensate me?
Pleae take this up to managerial level.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As per my previous response I do sincerely apologise for the delay in ordering your router and while the official timeframe is 3-5 working days, the router should be in the post today and they are sent via Royal Mail 1st Class delivery. As such, I'd expect you to receive it a lot sooner than quoted in the e-mail you've received.

I've checked with our products team to see if we have any new routers here in the office and the answer was no so we'll have to rely on our warehouse to ship it out I'm afraid.

With this in mind, unfortunately there is nothing more we can do to speed this up. 

Once you have your router if you post back over here we'll be happy to offer you a goodwill gesture that is fair and proportionate for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Whywee
Rising Star

I was pretty much told the same thing last Thursday. I really don't have much faith in Plusnet sending out the router today. Plus, you should be sending it out gauranteed next-day delivery, not just first class.
Pleae assure me that you will not be charging me for my contract until the router arrives and works.
You really need to fix this router dispatch issue as it would appear that I am not the only one to have experienced this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Plus, you should be sending it out gauranteed next-day delivery, not just first class.

I'm afraid as I've advised we do not have any routers in the office to send out manually any other class of delivery. 

Pleae assure me that you will not be charging me for my contract until the router arrives and works. 

We'll ensure we credit your account for the time you've paid for a service you can't use.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet