Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delays and confusion

Tomra
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Order delays and confusion

I placed an order for plusnet unlimited broadband on 16/7 switching services from sky and was estimated to complete 30/7. I chose regular broadband at the time because my exchange had no available free spaces for fibre and it’s been that way for some time. I routinely check on the openreach website to see if there any changes to this and sure enough on 29/7 I noticed we could finally order fibre. I called that day and asked to change my order. I was told that I would need to cancel my existing order and start the process fresh with an order for fibre, or I could wait until my service went active then upgrade - I’m sure I confirmed that if I chose to do that then could I still get the online price and reward card and I’m sure that was agreed. I’d like that call listened to for clarity there though. Anyway, the agent said he would call me back the following day 30/7 which never happened. So I rang myself and spoke to another agent who said it wouldn’t be possible to give me the online price and reward card if I waited until the services went active and upgraded the best they could do at that point would be a retention offer which worked out a decent bit more expensive. Given one of the big incentives I chose plusnet was the great deals I reluctantly agreed to cancel and start a new order. The agent said he would try his best to expedite it from there. At this point I’ve now paid £401.76 the line rental super saver for the original order and now the new fibre order placed on 30/7 and my services with sky stopped so I have no internet from here and this is where things start to fall apart. I get a confusing email on the 5/8 regarding a new open question on my account “192655819” asking me what the telephone number is for my active line - this was all covered in my call on the 30/7. I replied none the less and at this point a case handler takes over my situation and gives me a call. Turns out (as best I can understand it) there’s been some confusion in the transition from sky and they deactivated my number. I don’t know why this mattered though as my original broadband order was coming with a new number anyway. So I agreed I didn’t need the old landline number and to just proceed with whatever was necessary to get the order complete as quickly as possible. The case handler then gives me good updates routinely on the 6,7 and 8th with the next review date now set for the 12th. After I didn’t hear anything I called and spoke to someone really helpful who phoned openreach and came back to tell me great news service should be live Tuesday 13/8 evening or wed 14/8 morning. On the Tuesday morning I got a text saying an engineer was coming to install a phone line on 22/8 which is now where I currently am. I’m assuming the 22/8 is a mistake as it’s not in line with what I was told on Monday. I’ve now waited over 2 weeks (not including the original 2 weeks on the first order) trying to get everything sorted, I still haven’t got my £198 back I paid for the original broadband order despite being over 10 working days ago and I’m now being told that I might have to wait at least another week so that will be over 3 weeks since I placed the order and still no connection (over 5 total since everything started). Surely something is really badly wrong here. I’d like someone to please take ownership of all this as best they can, try resolve it and then please speak to me about how best to address all of the hassle I have had, I have been extremely patient but this is now starting to get exhausted. 

I feel like the common sense and fair thing to have done for me would have been to allow my original order to become active so I could switch from sky to plusnet with no down time then allow for the upgrade to fibre whilst giving me the benefit of the online offer. I didnt have the option of fibre at the time of my order and I explained this to both the agents I spoke to. Surely this should have been taken into account and instead of following a strict internal process, make an exception given the circumstances were a bit unique. Instead I was put in a position where I had to cancel to get the deal, meaning at least 10 days with no internet (3 weeks by time it gets done if that recent message of 22/8 is correct) all the issues with the phone line which you have agreed to incur the expense of (I have to get a new line installed apparently) and the massive delays. 

also ironically, I drive past my exchange on my way to work every morning and for the last 2 days there has been an openreach van there with a tech doing work

23 REPLIES 23
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Order delays and confusion

Tomra
Dabbler

@Gel wrote:
When YOU POST HERE please be succinct & don't ramble on. Look at other posts as examples.

Do you have anything meaningful or helpful to contribute here? The post is a complete account of whats happened so far to make sure whoever picks up my enquiry has the full set of facts thus far. Literally everything I have said is relevant and detailed to make sure I get the best help possible. 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Tomra

I'm really sorry to hear about the delays you have experienced. 

I have checked with our provisioning team and they have advised a call back will be provided regarding this as your case handler is Terry but he is currently out of the office. 

You should receive a call and update by the end of the day. 

Kind Regards

Tomra
Dabbler

Thanks @OllieC. I got an email from Bobby Anwar it should be under question 192656508 which said the service should be active at the latest by today. I’m assuming the fact I’m now getting a call this isn’t happening and there’s now further delays?
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Tomra

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide further information as it is in hand with our provisioning team who have a specific mailbox. 

They will get back in touch with yourself regarding the full status of your orders. 

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the delays you have experienced and they will contact you directly. 

Kind Regards

Tomra
Dabbler

Also I’m still £400 out of pocket and 5 weeks on with no real idea of when I’ll be connected as obviously if that ridiculous date of 22/8 is accurate even that is an estimate.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Tomra

I completely understand your frustration. 

The provisioning team is dealing with your issue and will contact you before the end of the day. The issues you have outlined can be discussed with them directly when contact is made via telephone. 

Kind Regards

Tomra
Dabbler

@OllieC, I’ve just had a really frustrating conversation with provisioning and the poor guy who picked the case up to be fair was equally frustrated. I’m literally no further forward and no one is taking responsibility for refunding me my money for the cancelled order. Can you tell me the guidelines for now taking this to Ofgem? I am getting completely taken advantage of here and am being held to ransom as I can’t cancel and restart with someone else due to whatever is going on with the phone lines. I was told that no management in provisioning were available to speak to as they were all busy today.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Tomra

Thank you for your time on the telephone today it has been a pleasure. I'm really sorry that it hasn't been under better circumstances and I have taken personal ownership of both your accounts until we can come to a resolution you are satisfied with. 

Your 1st account has been updated here

Your 2nd account experiencing the activation delay has been updated here

Should you require further assistance today, we are open until 10pm and return to the office at 7:30 am 7 days a week.

Kind Regards

Tomra
Dabbler

@OllieC sorry I didn’t know the best way of directly speaking to you. Can you confirm the cheque has been processed and sent. I didn’t get it next day delivery? Also I’d just like to make sure that openreach engineer is definitely still coming to our house as I have now arranged the time off work for it - which was tricky. Thanks again.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Tomra,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I have checked through your account and can see that there was an update from @OllieC regarding your engineer visit being confirmed on your new account here

Regarding the refund I can see on your old account there has been a response added advising the refund will be sent to you via your direct debit instruction, you can view the ticket here

Tomra
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply @Warwick. Reading the case it’s a confusing. I paid the line rental saver on a credit card is that telling me it will be refunded onto the card we pay the direct debit through? I agreed a cheque with @OllieC as I’ve now paid the balance of the credit card because it was due so I’d rather not have the credit card get another £200 in it leaving the card with a positive balance
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Tomra

Apologies if this has appeared confusing, I think splitting responses over the two accounts makes it confusing at this end too.

I appreciate the paying more than the balance on a credit card would be frustrating, I would not want us to put you in that situation. The refund will be through the direct debit instruction as this is a continuous method of payment that we have stored, so wouldn't go back onto the credit card if this was how you paid your line rental saver payment.

Tomra
Dabbler

@OllieC I just want to make sure everything is fine and we are still expecting a visit from openreach tomorrow. I know @Warwick has referred me back to your earlier confirmation but I am now just making sure. I have not had any contact from anyone at plusnet.