cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

andyhicks88
Dabbler

Order delayed

Hi. I joined Plusnet last night and this morning got a text stating the order has been delayed, with no further information? What does this mean and why has this happened?

I'm switching from BT to Plusnet and as far as I know Plusnet are dealing with that transfer, plus for the same internet speed/type as my old BT service...so i didn't expect any issues? 

If one of the staff can just look into this for me please or I can get any advice that this is normal and should all still work out? Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

Re: Order delayed

Did you previously cancel your service with BT ? or have you just asked Plusnet to transfer your service ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 22

This regularly happens, and could be for many different reasons.  Plusnet need to place an order with their suppliers to move your connection to them.  There supplier will have delayed or cancelled that order for some reason which they will have sent to Plusnet, but it will rarely be in a nice meaningful message.  Plusnets automated systems will immediately send you the message to make you aware that there could be a delay, then someone at Plusnet will need to read the message to work out what the problem is, and may need to manually place a new order with their supplier, which may or may not have the same completion date.

The reason isn't sent directly to the customer (though you might be able to see it if you look at the internal tickets) is because you are very unlikely to understand what it's on about.  We've seen some on here before and even those of us who have been around a long time, and know quite a lot of the internal workings of the suppliers and such like struggle to understand all that is being said!

Plusnet should be in touch before too long (though I don't know what that timescale would be) to let you know what's happening and when you should be switched over.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

@andyhicks88 From what I have seen on here - and I've been around a while - this is 'normal', but why it happens is anyone's guess. Quite often, it is a totally spurious message, but you can either - check for any open or closed 'tickets' on your account via: https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login?p=search , or give PN a ring and ask them for the reason.

Edit:@pjmarsh  and @MisterW put it better than me, but it still happens all too often (IMO)

John
andyhicks88
Dabbler

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the ticket.

andyhicks88
Dabbler

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@andyhicks88  that's good. One less thing that may cause problems.

andyhicks88
Dabbler

Hi all

I'm now tracking the issue via the ticket and they have said they have had to cancel the order as the "order wasn't progressing correctly" and they will re-order it again.  Does anyone know what that actually means? Is it something I've done wrong whilst ordering?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It's probably just a glitch in the automated ordering system, not your fault

andyhicks88
Dabbler

Hi all. So this does seem to be resolved as it's showing up now with a completion date of 28th April.

However I've just had a BT e-mail stating they have received the instruction that my services are moving to another provider and they will be switching off my services on 27th April?

Does this seem right then? Or Am i going to now end up with a day of no internet/phone services?

Strangely also they say in the same e-mail that because i'm "breaking up" my broadband package with them they are putting me on a different call plan?!  But obviously my phone line is moving across as well (or should be) so I'm confused about that, is it possible PN have not told them my phone line is moving too? But that surely doesn't make sense either, surely if my Broadband is moving the phone line does too as standard anyhow? no?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Strangely also they say in the same e-mail that because i'm "breaking up" my broadband package with them they are putting me on a different call plan?!  But obviously my phone line is moving across as well (or should be) so I'm confused about that, is it possible PN have not told them my phone line is moving too? But that surely doesn't make sense either, surely if my Broadband is moving the phone line does too as standard anyhow? no?

chances are that BT have 'lost' the notification from Openreach that your phone line is also transferring. Plusnet don't offer a broadband only product any more so, as you say, I don't see how they could not have requested your phone transfer. Give them a call to double check, then you'll probably need to call, bt and tell them they're wrong...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi @andyhicks88 Really sorry for all the delays moving your services over to us. The original order we placed for this got cancelled due to a system issue, we've got another one in place and everything is set to transfer over to us on 27/4/23

Do give me a shout if there's anything else we can help with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@adamwalker can you confirm both phone & broadband are transferring ?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

@MisterW Not to you Wink but if you check your emails @andyhicks88 that will be confirmed on there. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Understood. Thanks...