cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

andreamarangoni
Dabbler

Re: Order delayed

Still haven't received an email, a text, the router. guys!!! I want my money back this is not a service. Also Plusnet works with BT in the first place. FML.  Plus BT made me pay in full and don't know if I will ever get money back

Someone can cancel please and refund ? I am not going to call as  nobody is going to answer me anyway.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

BT works with Plusnet is a total misunderstanding presumption. The opposite would be nearer the truth. BT Retail, BT Wholesale, BT Openreach and Plusnet all work at (more than) arms length apart from each other under Ofcom “level playing field” rules so that no ISP is favoured over another.

This sorry mess started when the service was cancelled direct with BT rather than leaving the migration process to the new supplier. Users cannot cancel contracts through the forums. Such cancellations must be done over the telephone or in writing. See the legal link at the foot of the page.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andreamarangoni
Dabbler

@Townman wrote:
This sorry mess started when the service was cancelled direct with BT rather than leaving the migration process to the new supplier. Users cannot cancel contracts through the forums. Such cancellations must be done over the telephone or in writing. See the legal link at the foot of the page.

You know users can do the craziest thing when switching so why not write it bigger in a page and make sure the user, if switching, is informed ?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm really sorry about the delay. The order failed to progress so far due to an open cease order, that's now been cleared off so at this stage we should be able to now place an order to get fibre up and running for you. Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with that and I can get the ball rolling for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@andreamarangoni wrote:

... make sure the user, if switching, is informed ?

I have no idea what BT Retail advise their customers on closing an account, but Plusnet is very clear, there is no need to inform Plusnet direct, they accept the notification for the new provider as your formal notice.  See section 15 Terms and conditions for Plusnet residential services | Help | Plusnet

15.2. If someone else requests that we end our agreement (for example a provider you're transferring to) we'll accept that notice but will email you, asking you to confirm that this is what you want. If we don't hear from you within 10 working days we'll stop providing your service.

In this circumstance, BT Retail should have provided similar advice to you.  The above facilitates Gaining Provider Lead migration and inhibits laine slamming either intentionally or by accident.

andreamarangoni
Dabbler

Interesting. So sounds to me it is in their interest provide sh**ty instructions so that they can hook the leaving customer one more full month. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The 10-day delay is an Ofcom consumer protection measure.  In years gone by an ISP of palilogia name used high pressure sales calls which enticed users to say the word "Yes" (to nearly anything) and ended up in a new contract and their phone services being switched when that was not their intention.  Ofcom rightly imposed a requirement that migrating users should receive a confirmation of intent to move, which had a 10-working day safety net.

Accidental line takeover (in part due to due to imprecise asset records in BT Openreach's systems) are also "trapped" by the same safety measures.

Given that this is how the industry works, most ISP suppliers will accept a migration termination notice within the last month of the contract without early termination charges.

Advising only the new supplier of the transfer date prevents inter-organisation order lockouts on the line (as experienced here) and avoids the risk that BT Openreach engineer (non) availability on the preferred switch date does not leave the customer entirely without service.