cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed text - vulnerable person - so very worried! Phone and Broadband

Geoff_Harrop

Order delayed text - vulnerable person - so very worried! Phone and Broadband

Hi community, I'm hoping someone can help.

I've tried calling Plusnet but despite what it says on their website there is no phone support on a Sunday.

I have recently cancelled virgin media services - phone and broadband - and ordered plusnet instead as it was much cheaper than the £55/month virgin wanted to charge.

I've asked virgin to port the home telephone number - but this process of cancelling their services has taken several calls and over 3 hours, so i really don't want to have to deal with them anymore. 

I've taken this action as I have LPOA for my step father, who has dementia / Alzheimers, and he can longer afford Virgin. 

I now very concerned by the text from Plusnet that just says the order is delayed - there are no details on what the delay is or how long it will take to fix. I can't afford to leave this vulnerable man without a phone line, as its the only way we can check on him each day! Equally, we rely on the broadband too as he has a special alert device if he falls.

I'm beginning regretting trying to switch as it seems to be very problematical!

Can anyone help? I've tried logging into the account but there are no details about the problem in it - unless I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Order delayed text - vulnerable person - so very worried! Phone and Broadband

Hi there Geoff, sorry for the difficulties getting through to us, we're definitely open until 8pm today, what happened when you tried calling?

I've just picked this up and can see that we needed to manually place an order to get a new phone line installed, I've just sorted that out for you now and have added details to the account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=230410057

I tried giving you a call to have a chat about this but there was no answer so I left a voicemail, I'll try you again when I'm back on shift on Tuesday. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Order delayed text - vulnerable person - so very worried! Phone and Broadband

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Orders

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Generally speaking, moving providers should be left entirely in the hands of the gaining provider.  Not doing so risks there being a gap in service availability ... and the loss of the telephone number.

Numbers are not ported out, they are ported in.  Port out risks there being no service ready to port the number to.

It would be wise to cancel the cancellation of the VM service, explaining that service migration is in progress.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.