Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed - details please

FIXED
Mewcenary
Grafter

Order delayed - details please

Hi,

I've received a text message stating my order has been delayed but with no details.  I've navigated to help.plus.net but that's just generic information -- nothing about my actual order.  (I miss the old days of plus.net when all of this stuff was in the ticket-based system and you could easily find it!)

Please can someone confirm the details for me?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Order delayed - details please

Hi there and I hope all is well with you,

I'm really sorry about the delay and the lack of information about he issue so far. I've just chased this up and can see that some line plant work is needed to get the connection up and running. Openreach need permission to access a 3rd parties property to get that done so they're following a process of chasing permission for this (via a form called an A55) these can unfortunately take a few weeks in most cases but we'll keep chasing this for you and make sure you're kept up to date. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mewcenary
Grafter

Thanks for the update on this.

Good news: The cable is now run into the property, and so is pending the 'proper' install date now.  The engineer recommended I contact you to expedite this, so here I am.  What's the next step?

The frustrating thing is that it turned out no plant work was required: The engineer found the ducting within about 60 seconds and was able to run the cable in the normal way (The previous engineer was adamant there was no ducting and digging would be required).

To be fair, the ducting was hidden by being blocked in with some white wood in the master socket's cupboard... but I am surprised the first engineer didn't suggest looking there....

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there Mewcenary, I've just tried placing the FTTP order for you, however there's an open "cease order" on the line that's due to complete today. I'll hang on to your details and should be able to get that done tomorrow so I'll get back to you with an update then. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mewcenary
Grafter

Hey, just got the 'Engineer visit' confirmation email for July so looks like this is all in hand now.  Thanks for moving it along!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Great stuff, no worries, I'll keep an eye on the order for you and do give me a shout if there's anything else I can help with! 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team