cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confusion

Mumu29

Order confusion

I am so confused (doesn’t take much). Daughter moved back home a couple of years ago and brought her TalkTalk BB contract with her (I was out of contract with Sky). Take over back then happened easily without us even noticing. She has now moved into a new house (fibre nest installed) and is out of contract with TalkTalk so she cancelled BB giving 30days notice to end her service by 13th Nov. I decided on Plusnet BB for me as been with them hassle free for sims for many years and the bonus of extra data if taking BB contract. Signed up 28th Oct. First issue was the cease on the line caused by daughter cancelling TalkTalk. We were asked to speak to TalkTalk and cancel the cease which we did same day and thought we were sorted. In my account there are loads of messages saying things like a problem, cancelled, delayed, on hold, questions which I do not understand. Kept trying for hours to get through on the phone as no live chat and finally spoke to someone who said it would be up and running soon!!! The many letters from TalkTalk all along saying it’s not too late and call for a deal have all mentioned 16th December (today) as the end date with them. The only consolation is that we still have internet with Talk Talk but at a price of £30 per month (that’s what they are charging my daughter who is not happy) so the MSE Plusnet deal I’ve gone for is not as money saving as I hoped. I’ve had my router since 3rd Dec by the way. Looking at this forum it seems I am not alone. Am I right to assume the problems are Openreach availability and COVID hold ups. Can anyone help as last entry on help assistant says off hold - support will provide update shortly since 10th December?
3 REPLIES 3
Mumu29

Re: Order confusion

Correction, had router since 3rd Nov not Dec!!!!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BadWolf24
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 10

Hi @Mumu29. Thank you for your time on the phone. As discussed, I've taken this as a personal case and will be in touch via your account. You can access the work I'm doing for you by clicking on the following link; https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=209433662. Thanks again, Chris.

Chris Fitzsimmons
 Plusnet Help Team