Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confusion

carlcaulkett
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Order confusion

Hello, after some problems relating to my broadband order, the last communication I had from Plusnet was that my order had been delayed and that I shouldn't expect the Openreach engineer to visit until 24th August at the earliest. Imagine my surprise, just now when I received a text message from Openreach saying that their engineer would indeed be visiting tomorrow on the 17th August. Please could someone look into my case and tell me definitively whether I can expect the engineer to visit tomorrow. Thanks in advance,

Carl (user name: [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): User name removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Order confusion

I've checked the order directly with Openreach and there's nothing showing that we can see for tomorrow. The appointment is booked in for the 25th.

Appointment date: 25/08/16   Appointment Slot: PM  

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Hmm... well I received a text message at 10:36 this morning which read: "Hi Openreach here, a reminder our engineer will visit you on 17/08/16 between 01:00 pm and 06:00 pm. To cancel, please contact your service provider." Clearly someone at Openreach believes that an engineer will visit me tomorrow. Given the confusion that has already arisen over my order, I am inclined to wait for a visit tomorrow - if someone turns up great, if not I'll just have to wait till next week.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Yeah we've checked our suppliers trackers and it's showing for the 25/08/16 because of the delay due to the routing issue. If an engineer does arrive tomorrow then I will be surprised but it will be a bonus and please let us know if one does arrive.

carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Guess what, the Open reach guy turned up and set up the line!! Currently my router is showing:
Power ON
Broadband FLASHING
Internet DARK
WiFi ON
The engineer said that I want to see four steady lit bulbs, so presumably something still needs to happen at your end. Over to you!!...
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

OK, we have checked with our suppliers and they have still not got anything coming through for today which is strange.

Can you plug a phone into the socket and see if there is a dial tone?

carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Yes I have dialing tone, albeit a broken one, ie 1 second dialing tone, one second silence.
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

I also had a text message front yourselves at 14:35 saying that my phonest line was ready to use. It also told me the telephone number.
Chris
Legend

We've not sent any text messages on the account and the phone number is blank on there. I wonder if we're looking at a different account, can you private message me the phone number you've been given.

Please send me a private message

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Just as a public update to this thread, the confusion has arisen based on what happened in this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Welcome-email/m-p/1352668

The OP actually has a different username that the orders are progressing fine on and this is what's caused the 'delays' on the other account as the line at that premises is already in use.