Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order cancelled???

timothy2321
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Order cancelled???

Hi, We ordered plusnet fibre extra on the 2nd of July, after some messages on the help assistant I eventually got a message/email that said my phone line would be due activation on the 3rd of August.

However, just today I received another e-mail saying that my phone line order has been successfully cancelled? On the account page there is still no mention of a solid activation date for my broadband. The order tracker is on step 5 - activating your line, and I have received a router already.

My account name is timothywong2321.

If anybody could please tell me whats going on that would be great.

8 REPLIES 8
timothy2321
Hooked

Re: Order cancelled???

To add to this, the order tracker on step 5 says:

Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due {strCustActivationdate}, has completed.

With no actual date in it

timothy2321
Hooked

After some digging on the internet for similar problems, I see that some people have had issues with taking over a line in a property in which the last owner has just cancelled, causing their ISP to put a 'cease' order on the line. Correct me if i'm wrong, but apparently this could mean that any new line takeover can be automatically rejected?

I have come to find out that the previous occupants of our property were with talktalk, and have only recently cancelled their contract with them. Thus, if the above is true then this may very well be the cause of the cancelled order.

Hopefully the above would aid in any investigations if any mod sees this,

Cheers

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@timothy2321 you are not wrong, if the previous owner cancels then their ISP will put a cease on the line. The crazy thing is that even though there is already an order to takeover the line , the Openreach systems cancel this order. There is then a delay until the cease order completes before another order can be placed. It's absolutely stupid but that's Openreach for you!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for getting in touch, yes it does look like a cease order on the line has prevented us from transferring the service. 

We'll monitor for that completing before ordering a new provision for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
timothy2321
Hooked

Hi @adamwalker, thanks for the reply - Is there any way to find out when the cease order finally lifts? (Or even better, somehow get talktalk to lift it earlier?)

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Despite the notes on the order indicating a cease I'm not seeing any dates or other information about that so please bear with me and I'll chase up Openreach about that and update you ASAP.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
timothy2321
Hooked

Sure, cheers for the update i'll be right here waiting

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I had this problem when I moved here.
The house was rented out - the outgoing tenant only cancelled the BB service after moving out. Result was that I could not place an order for BB/phone until their cancelation notice (1 month) ran out and the previous ISP "ceased" the line.
Order then placed with a 7 to 10 day wait and a new phone number.
The new phone number turned out to be the old fax number of a local builder - I had several calls chasing payment Great! - now resolved by passing a message through the local grapevine 🙂