cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order cancelled twice now - still no wiser as to what is going on

pauljos1

Order cancelled twice now - still no wiser as to what is going on

In theory I should be up and running with fibre if my original activation date was adhered to.

Had my order for fibre and phone line cancelled twice now. The first time I got an email saying it was a cablelink issue (???) so I called up customer services to be told it wasn't a cablelink issue and that it was a vital code off the order that was missing which was making the order cancel itself. They said they had to completely cancel the order off the system, wait 2 days and then retry the order and hopefully the missing code will add itself in. 2 days pass and I get an email saying the order had been re-processed and to wait 24-48 hours for a confirmation date of activation.

48 hours late and no confirmation so I rang customer services yesterday, 30 minutes on hold later I was told the activation date would be 21st November. Today I receive another email saying my order had been cancelled again with no reason why. Why emails with no explanations as to why is plain stupid if you ask me as it then prompts customers to call in and wait another 30 minutes in a queue to speak to a customer service advisor. 

This time the customer service advisor says that IT IS a cablelink issue and that something has to be ordered and installed at the exchange, even though openreach and all providers including plusnet all say they are accepting orders on fibre... (obviously not if work still needs to be carried out at the exchange) The Cablelink install could be up to 4 weeks before it's installed. I could have been a week closer to that 4 weeks if the first advisor had stuck with what the email had said and not cancelled and re-processed my order. 

All this in the meantime I am on a countdown to disconnection from my current phone and broadband provider EE of the 15th November (this is the date stated in a letter from EE) so I am now in limbo with what is actually going on with my order. 

After being in the call 36 minutes with the adviser tonight I then decided it might be best to just stick with my current broadband provider for the short term future and then retry the fibre order at a later date. The advisor said she couldn't process the cancellation and would have to put me through to cancellations team but their wait time was 45 minutes! What an absolute joke! I had just picked my child up from school and could not afford to lose a total of 1 hour 16 minutes trying to resolve an issue that should have been relayed to me by plusnet not me trying to find out what was going on with my order. 'We'll do you proud' not seen that side of plusnet yet...

Anyway, the advisor said she would send me an email with a direct number to call the cancellation team at a more convenient time to myself but still haven't received that yet so that's why I am here to see if anyone from plusnet can tell me what is really happening and to make sure users of this forum can maybe learn something from my problems.

Look forward to your responses.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Order cancelled twice now - still no wiser as to what is going on

Welcome to the forums @pauljos1 and I am sorry to hear of the problems you are having whilst trying to join us.

Our customer options number for cancellations & retentions is 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 2). Open tomorrow from 8am to 8pm.

However, if you private message me with your username I would be happy to look into your order tomorrow and clarify things for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Order cancelled twice now - still no wiser as to what is going on

Thank you for your PM. One of my provisioning colleagues is looking into your order now. I'll provide an update soon.

[Edit]

My colleague has explained that we are waiting for cabling work to be completed.

Once we receive an update from our suppliers, we'll be in touch on this ticket. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button