cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order cancelled - how to resubmit / progress?

alice2
Dabbler

Order cancelled - how to resubmit / progress?

Received the below on Wed, shortly after placing my order online for unlimited broadband. Paid £66 or so already as we've moved into a property and the BT line was 'stopped' earlier that day when the previous owners were finally allowed to cancel their BT contract.

After receiving the below I called Thurs morning and spoke to someone who said he would resubmit my order and I would hopefully have an açtivation date in 24 hrs... But I've heard nothing.

What can be done please?

"System User - Automated Script Pool
10:41pm, Wednesday 19th July 2017

There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.

We'll get some more information on the problem and update you with more details as soon as we have them.

[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved."
30 REPLIES 30
alice2
Dabbler

Re: Order cancelled - how to resubmit / progress?

Thanks for any help or insight into what I can do or what has happened here?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

In most cases this note can be ignored.  The "Order cancelled" is an internal note generated by a response from BT indicating a problem with the order. Plusnet will make any neccessary changes and resubmit the order.

Hopefully a staff member will be along tomorrow and confirm.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@alice2 wrote:
... and the BT line was 'stopped' earlier that day when the previous owners were finally allowed to cancel their BT contract.

There is every possibility that the above has something to do with the cancelation.  If the previous user's cease order had not completed (including updating records which can take several hours) when PN placed your order, BT's systems will have unilaterally rejected the new service order, as they do no permit new orders to be raised on a line having an open cease request.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alice2
Dabbler

Thanks... I rang up the next morning and someone said they'd resubmit the order and I'd hear about activation in 24 hours... That was a few days ago now. Should I ring up again?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your order.

I'm not finding your account from the forum details you've provided me.

Mind PMing me your Plusnet account username?

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alice2
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Thanks - maybe it's because I ordered via John Lewis?

I called today and was told that the broadband was rejected because this exchange doesn't support the 'up to 17Mb' product I ordered. The person I spoke to said she'd resubmit the order at the lower speed which is available at the exchange, and that I'd hopefully hear something back today.

Alice

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH,

Can this be added to the order failures profile please?

Cannot believe tgat the BT ordering system is so poor as to allow an order which can only be fulfilled by 21CN on a 20CN exchange ... or it the devil in the detail here that the 21CN capacity at this exchange has become exhausted?

Humans will make mistakes, but a competent ordering system should never allow the placement of an order which has no chance of being fulfilled.

alice2
Dabbler

The exchange is PRAZE - I'm not sure what it supports or if it's 'full' ?

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WWPRAZ

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

What does the availability checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

say for your phone number ?

PS blank out the phone number before posting the results ( this is a public form )

alice2
Dabbler

No phone number as it's a recently stopped line, but putting in specific address with house no. gives this:-

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Exchange PRAZE is served by Cabinet 5

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

High Low High Low      
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 68.4 20 20 62 Available -- -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 77.9 49 20 14.1 39.8 Available -- -- --

Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- -- --

ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available -- -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- --

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- --

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum to a private staff area.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post recovered from Spam Filter.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

If this is a "John Lewis" order then there's nothing PlusNet support staff can do!!!

That aside, it depends which cabinet in Praze we're speaking about. Four have FTTC, one has FTTP (P4) and one has nowt (P3).

Brian

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@alice2,

Thank you - that answers the question - ADSL2 service ordered against a 20CN exchange - just should not have been possible. Yes the PN agent might have made a mistake here but BT's systems ought to never have allowed the order to have been entered in the first place.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@bmc,

If Plusnet support staff don't sort it then who will?

JLP is a Plusnet hosted third party brand.

Also note that Alice referred to "up to 17Mbps" which makes this an ADSL2 order and FTTC / FTTP cabinets have no relevance.

Please be more aware when offering advice.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Depending on what you want for speed - from the post which the mod vanished

You won't ever get 21CN as the FTTC is probably linking to another exchange and you would get almost full speed from that

However - don't go down the Plusnet option as the price will be a lot higher due to it being Market A