cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order cancelled by Sky, what does plusnet actually expect me to do about this?

theyos

Order cancelled by Sky, what does plusnet actually expect me to do about this?

I placed an order with plusnet back on 2nd of August for Line Rental saver and 18 month fibre broadband. The first feedback I get back via email was a notice last thing Friday that the previous ISP cancelled the order! And that I should contact the previous tenant and get them to cancel the service.

I have spoken with my landlady who has since contacted the previous tenant, who has confirmed that they cancelled their broadband with Sky back in May, before I even moved into the flat. I have replied to plusnet to tell them this and received no response.

I will have to check when I get home what has happened with my £200 payment and if I'm going to be charged for the router plusnet has sent me.

I am really puzzled as to what exactly what else plusnet expects me to do to fix this, as I have precisely zero sway with Sky and I am having to take the previous tenant at their word that they cancelled their contract properly.

Does this somehow mean I am now banned from the internet in perpetuity?!

Why the hell can't plusnet sort this on my behalf, line takeovers are their domain more than mine, is it not?

2 REPLIES 2
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Order cancelled by Sky, what does plusnet actually expect me to do about this?

Hello @theyos 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, your billing cycle does not start until your services has gone live on our system. In regards to your query, I have sent a detailed email for you, you can also view my response on your member's portal by Clicking Here

Please let us know if we can assist you further - Wakas

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Order cancelled by Sky, what does plusnet actually expect me to do about this?

Hi,

A warm welcome t the forums.

Why the hell can't plusnet sort this on my behalf, line takeovers are their domain more than mine, is it not?

In principle yes, the process for driving a transfer is led by the gaining supplier (in this case Plusnet).  However, the EXISTING supplier owns the line and can do whatever they wish to in respect of attempts to take over the line.  In such situations there is not a lot the gaining supplier can do.  For example if there is an outstanding dispute with the previous tenant, Sky might well seek to inhibit line migration until after the dispute is resolved.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.