Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Update

FIXED
theway2excel
Dabbler

Order Update

Hi, I placed my order on 9 October and on 10 October got an e-mail with transfer date (from BT) of 24 October.

I rang the helpline on 10 October to ask if the transfer date could be moved to 29 October (to avoid charge for leaving BT 2 days early) and was advised this would be fine.  I then received an email shortly after the call which stated the following:  

. Our systems have accepted this date but we are still waiting for a confirmation from our suppliers which we will receive in 48 working hours

I have heard nothing more since 10 October and have yet to receive a router.  I have been unable to contact the helpline or live chat to see if the router is on its way and whether the transfer will be taking place on Monday (29 Oct).  Can anyone advise on this?   Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Order Update

Welcome to the forums @theway2excel

While you wait for a member of staff to confirm the date, you can do a quick check for yourself to see if the order has a completion date.

Have a look at the BT Wholesale checker site at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Enter your phone number and look in the text below the results table.

It will say if there is an open order on your line and more importantly the date it is due to be completed.

Also if you are swapping from BT to Plusnet on the same type of product (FTTC or ADSL) then you can still use the BT Homehub with Plusnet.

Indeed many forum regulars recommend the BT Homehub  6 (Smart HUB) as much better than any Plusnet device. The Plusnet Hub One supplied for FTTC is a rebadged BT HH5 Type 5.

Instructions for the various BT Hubs at 

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/m-p/1192234#...

For Homehub 6 (Smart Hub) https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/m-p/1415464#M312705

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
theway2excel
Dabbler

Thanks for the link to BT wholesale checker site @SpendLessTime.  It says orders are due to complete on the line on 29 October so looks like phone and broadband will switch then as requested.

Re hub, I probably will continue with BT one as it works fine.  Was just concerned that not receiving plusnet hub yet may have been because there was an issue with the order but going off info on BT wholesale checker site everything seems to be in order.  Once again thanks for your help.  

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Fingers crossed for the 29th.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Hi @theway2excel, apologies for the lack of updates on your order and the delay on your router being sent out.

It looks like the orders are progressing fine, but part of the account hadn't been updated correctly to provide updates on the orders and in turn send the router out.

You should be able to continue using your BT router as you've said, although you may need to manually configure this to authenticate with your plusnet details. This thread should help with that if you're having any problems: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/td-p/1192234

I've made sure the order for your router is now processing and we'll get that out to you as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
theway2excel
Dabbler

@HarryB thanks for the update and confirmation that the orders are progressing fine and link to thread on how to manually configure BT router.