cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Delayed

itsallwhite

Order Delayed

Hi, 

I ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra on 21st November. Since then I have received 4 texts stating my broadband order has been delayed. 

After the 2nd, I contacted Plusnet via phone and was told it was due to the fact the phone order hadn't gone through properly. So they resubmitted the order and stated once that was done, they would resubmit the broadband order. 

Since then I have had confirmation of the phone being activated on 6th December. I have now received another 2 broadband delayed texts. Can someone please look into this and escalate if necessary. 

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Order Delayed

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itsallwhite

I have checked the tickets, but all it states is that the Order was rejected and then cancelled. No explanation. I have tried to contact Plusnet by phone today, but gave up after 45 minutes waiting for someone to answer the phone. Doesn't help there being no email support or live chat.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Did you look at all of the closed tickets?  Usually that is where you'll see the reason - as reported by BT Wholesale or BT Openreach.

Did you tell your existing supplier that you are moving?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itsallwhite

I have looked at all the tickets, open and closed. The latest ticket, which is a closed one, on the 11th;

"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.

We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.

[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved."

and 

"Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Install diary status changed from Supplier processing to Application Rejected
(via ADSL2+ Order System Interface)"

I have just moved into the property. The previous tenants left at the end of October. So I have no existing supplier. 

When I spoke to a person at Plusnet they said there wasn't a cease on the line.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In which case, the line to the property might...

1. Have "fallen" to a SILVER-KEY address meaning that the line might not be complete / clearly identifiable
  2. Have become a copper-borne services stop sell area

I recently arranged a referral order for a pub - for down stairs, I could get copper borne services, but if they wanted the line upstairs into the flat, that could only be FTTP.

Take a look here and see what is reported for your property - https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

The first stage of progressing this is being in possession of the pertinent information.

itsallwhite

Thanks for the link, this is what it states; 

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)
WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date
High Low High Low      
VDSL Range A (Clean) help 80 68.2 20 19 60.6 Available Available
VDSL Range B (Impacted) help 80 64.4 20 18.6 55 Available Available
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 50 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 15 -- 8.5 to 19 Available
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 15 Up to 1.5 8.5 to 19 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7 -- 6 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC SOADSL 2+ Up to 15 -- 8.5 to 19 Available --
SOADSL Max Up to 7 -- 8.5 to 19 Available --
SOADSL Fixed Rate Up to 2 -- 6 to 8 Available --
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
Exchange Product Restrictions Status
FTTP Priority Exchange N
WLR Withdrawal N
SOADSL Restriction N

"

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

"