Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Cancelled by Mistake?

DermoA
Hooked

Order Cancelled by Mistake?

Hi,

My service is due to start this week. I received notification to advise my router had been delivered late last week. After returning home from work on Friday I found a note from Royal Mail advising it has been delivered to a collection points as it wouldn't fit through my letter box.

I called the contact centre to advise of what happened. I wasn't too happy as I was assured when I made the order that there would be no issues delivering the router. I explained that it would be difficult for me to collect the router due to work but did not state that I wanted to cancel my order.

The advisor advised he was going to credit me £6. It wasn't really made clear what this was for. At the time I assumed it was good will for the inconvenience but  I am now wondering was this because my broadband order has been cancelled and I have been refunded the cost? I do not want to cancel.

I wasn't sent any confirmation of any cancellation and the advisor who I spoke to definitely didn't make it clear if our conversation on Friday resulted in my broadband order not going ahead.

I just wanted to clarify that my call on Friday evening did not result in a cancellation of service. 

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
DermoA
Hooked

Re: Order Cancelled by Mistake?

Just checked my Account summary. The order number for the unlimited fibre broadband I signed up for has vanished. The cost is £0 (upon cancellation). 

The only charges are for the landline £18.99. I'm not going to lie but I am starting to worry.

I didn't call on Friday to cancel or ask for compensation. I was annoyed as I was assured when I agreed to switch providers there would be no issue delivering the router to my home and I would not have to collect it at a collection point. I understand that the company who delivered this may also be at fault but I feel as though I was being told what I wanted to hear just so a sale could be made.

I'll be even more upset if the 2nd call resulted in my broadband order being cancelled. As mentioned earlier any cancellation was not made clear to me. I was under the impression the £6 I received was a good will gesture and not as a result of the broadband service no longer being required. I was expressing my concern at the misinformation I was given and the difficulty I would have collecting the router.

Hopefully I'm just over analysing this and worrying and if it has been cancelled it can be fixed easily and quickly.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Have a look through the tickets on your account at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search (login reqd)
DermoA
Hooked

Thanks for that. The latest service notice states that £6 has been refunded to me. There's no service update to say that my order has been cancelled  but the word 'refund' is indicating this and is worrying. I can't say I'm pleased if that's so. I'll follow it up in the morning as it's still not clear what's going on. Thanks again.

DermoA
Hooked

I'm extremely disappointed with Plusnet. I've received confirmation that my phone line only contract has started today for 12 months. I did not agree to this and I did not agree to cancel my broadband order.
I was under the impression that the £6 refund was a token of goodwill and at no point during my conversation on Friday was it made clear that I would be losing my Internet service. I ended the conversation thinking the advisor had just knocked £6 off my bill.
My contract starts today. I have no Internet access now and have to use the mobile data on my phone.
The deal I signed up for was a limited special offer at £24.99 per month for unlimited fibre. I expect to be able to retain this offer or at the very least if I have to go onto a more expensive plan be compensated for the difference.
I'm still shocked by the service I received and cannot understand why some one would consciously cancel my order without me asking to do so. I was annoyed at being misinformed but not so much that it would make me cancel. In this day and age why would I just want a landline only and no Internet! !???
I rely on the Internet for work and communication with family who are all abroad.
How soon can this be fixed?
The 1st person I spoke with gave me misleading info. The second didn't listen to me and cancelled my broadband. Let's hope it's 3rd time lucky....
Browni
Aspiring Hero

Plusnet don't do phone line only contracts so there's something amiss somewhere.
DermoA
Hooked

Theres definitely something wrong then as my most recent service notice states 'This is confirmation that your Line Only Contracted Service has now activated.
Contract length: 12 months.'

I have also received confirmaction via email. If Plusnet don't do line only contracts then why do I have one for 12 months?
I need to know when will me broadband be activated and can you honour the contract I agreed to?

Browni
Aspiring Hero

Could that be referring to a phone line without a calling plan?
DermoA
Hooked

It's just line rental. No extras. I wanted the cheapest, most basic deal possible and wasn't concerned about all the bells and whistles.
The offer I agreed to worked out cheaper than anything my previous provider offered. The saving I could make helped convince me switch. I had absolutely no complaints with my previous provider. The Internet and custoner service were great. I had to leave as it was a matter of affordability. I am now regretting my decision.
I was very happy with The deal I agreed to of £24.99 per month. I am concerned as I am now tied into a contract for line only (that I didn't agree to) and in order to receive Internet as well I might have to pay more than agreed.
As mentioned earlier to resolve this issue I want my broadband activated as soon as possible on the plan I agreed to.

Thanks again for replying.
Browni
Aspiring Hero

As I said, they don't do phone line only so the notification you've received will be for the phone part of the order, the broadband part will be notified separately, probably later today when the engineer work at the cabinet has completed.
DermoA
Hooked

Thanks again! Fingers crossed you're right! I understand that the phone and broadband are activated at different times but there is a lot of evidence to suggest that the broadband won't be part of the deal - my account summary states my charges are £18.99 for the phone and £0.00 upon cancellation for broadband. The broadband also doesn't have a start date or order number. Add that to the fact that I have not received confirmation yet whether it has been cancelled or not and I'm sure you can understand my concern.
I appreciate your help.
I have taken the day off work today to collect the router so here's hoping....
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and the concern it caused you.

The advisor advised he was going to credit me £6. It wasn't really made clear what this was for. At the time I assumed it was good will for the inconvenience

That's correct.

I've received confirmation that my phone line only contract has started today for 12 months.

I can't see where we've advised you that. Except for the internal note below

my most recent service notice states 'This is confirmation that your Line Only Contracted Service has now activated

Where Browni is correct in saying:

Could that be referring to a phone line without a calling plan?

Your broadband only order completed at roughly the same time as your phone order but your account hasn't had a chance to activate automatically yet. I've just put that through for you now.

I hope this helps. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DermoA
Hooked

It's sorted now! Thank you very much for your support! I'm sorry for getting annoyed. I misinterpreted the situation and you handled it extremely well. Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DermoA Don't be sorry for getting annoyed !

Every day on this forum we see similar stories where Plusnet have failed to communicate clearly and effectively with new customers,  and despite telling Plusnet repeatedly (for years) that the process needs to be improved, Plusnet continue to get it wrong and won't adapt, and then wonder why their call centre is constantly overloaded with complaints.

Good luck with your new service, and hope that you don't ever have to phone the Plusnet call centre !

Wink

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

No problems, I'm glad to hear it's worked out in the end.

If you ever need any assistance at all please feel free to let us know on here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet