cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order CANCELLED in error- activation delayed- WFH need broadband by date paid for!!

sheff40

Order CANCELLED in error- activation delayed- WFH need broadband by date paid for!!

On the 21st July, I placed an order for the house we're moving to. I was told I needed an engineer to come out as the line was deactivated. I paid for this and booked it for the 17th August.

I then received a phone call on the 27th July saying I didn't actually need an engineer appointment unless I wanted the line moving. I told the person who phoned that I would check with the landlord where the phone point was and get back in touch. This was confirmed by email. I emailed back a few days later to say I was waiting to hear from my landlord, but this email didn't accept replies. I got another email on the 31st July repeating the same information. I never received another phone call and I could not get in touch by chat as it has been down for weeks now apparently.

I heard back from my landlord on the 8th August, so as I rang the helpline to confirm. I was then told my order had been CANCELLED due to a "systems error". I received no notification of this happening. I have had no refund for my engineer appointment that was booked. I was told my activation of my line may well be delayed past the 17th. I received texts on the 9th August saying my phone line would be active on the 20th August and my broadband by midnight on the 21st.

Now I cannot call as the phone lines are all down. I need someone to contact me today and rectify this. I have paid for the 17th. The broadband must be active on the 17th.

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Order CANCELLED in error- activation delayed- WFH need broadband by date paid for!!

Thanks for your post @sheff40

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had.

I can see you've spoken with our support team regarding this who have advised you on the cause of this

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team