cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach or plus net at fault?

ChrisT1
Hooked

Openreach or plus net at fault?

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can assist me I just switched from bt which I'm now regretting as I had perfectly working broadband to plusnet. I was given an activation date of the 5th jan. Along comes the 5th no broadband chased up with customer services who eventually found a note saying required openreach engineer visit. Engineer has been today 11th Jan still hasn't fixed it and now back in limbo with no broadband which is needed more than ever now for home school and wife working from home. Who do I go to for compensation when this is sorted and would I still have this problem if I cancelled with plus net and went with another provider?
12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Openreach or plus net at fault?

What is the claimed problem? If you had a working connection whilst with BT, I cannot quite understand how you have a problem now. If you are merely switching who you pay, the service comes down the same wires.

John
ChrisT1
Hooked

I was thinking the same the first engineer left this note on my ticket
View my job / eco/SI/VMJ checked for updates? 05/01/2021 � 13:24 -
Notes: InCompleteReason:Dis one leg between house and cab. Up from cab 210m. from the house 400ish. ,, Dispatch Comments:ART1256MASK narrowband incomplete, Start faulting at PCP. DIS 1 LEG IN NETWORK., TRC Questions: ,Eng UIN:608447849UpstreamSpeed:,DownstreamSpeed:,Tested:1,NotTestedReason:,DemoPerson
jab1
Legend

So were you having problems whildt with BT? I'm not a telecoms engineer, but that appears to be a problem between your house and the local cab, which would not just become apparent at a change of supplier, it would have been there whoever you were with.

The 'report' is as useless as a chocolate teapot, tbh.

Did neither engineer discuss the result of their investigation with you?

John
ChrisT1
Hooked

No problems with bt at all only issues since the switch presumed would be a straight forward switch
jab1
Legend

It should be a straightforward switch, yes, and as the only change, which you would not be aware of unless you checked, would be a routing change on the internet network, this sounds funny to me.

As I asked, did you have any conversation with either of the engineers after their investigations?

John
ChrisT1
Hooked

Only the plusnet engineer who was really unhelpful just said nothing he could do and drove off the one today must of just worked at the cabinet and left
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Only the plusnet engineer 

all the Engineers are Openreach

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Thanks, @MisterW  - I typed that, plus a bit more then hit the wrong button.Sad

@ChrisT1 The only suggestion I can make is that you contact PN and ask them to chase this with BTOR. In my experience, the engineers will tell you something, even if it is not entirely true, if you ask them.

John
ChrisT1
Hooked

Cheers spoke to plus net said are chasing it with open reach who claim further work is needed but no real explanation will going to a different provider still cause a problem I urgently need broadband for my daughters home learning more than anything she is gonna end up behind everything is online.
jab1
Legend

If there is further BTOR work needed, based on that 'report' you provided, then no supplier, other than Virgin, on their own network, will be able to supply you with a service until it is completed.

John
ChrisT1
Hooked

Guess I'll just have to pay for extra mobile data and pass the bill to plusnet for it thanks for the help anyway
jab1
Legend

Good luck in getting PN to pay for that - the problem appears to be in the BTOR realm.

John