cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach installed on time (yay!)...Plusnet router posted after the installation date

dpflaeger

Openreach installed on time (yay!)...Plusnet router posted after the installation date

We have just moved into a new build and feared the worse for getting broadband up and running, given all the complaints I've heard about Openreach. But credit where it's due, Openreach were fine for me, arrived on time for the first schedule appointment and got fibre broadband connected within a few hours.

However they couldn't get the dial tone working for the phone line, but broadband is what we wanted the line for, so not a big deal.

This all would have been excellent, except Plusnet only posted the router the day AFTER the installation was schedule, and the emails says it'll now take 3 to 5 working days to arrive...

What a shame they've failed on the part of the process which they fully control. I just wonder why the router wasn't posted earlier.

Now I'm being billed for a service where the phone doesn't work and we can't use the broadband yet, due to Plusnet's error.

Hopefully the router will arrive soon.
5 REPLIES 5
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Openreach installed on time (yay!)...Plusnet router posted after the installation date

Glad you got some of your installation working, not sticking up for Openreach, but in my experience, they do try and a lot of pitfalls do occur on new builds.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Openreach installed on time (yay!)...Plusnet router posted after the installation date

Sorry to hear that.

PM me your username and I'll see what we can do

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dpflaeger

Agreed, to be honest I was expecting the Openreach part to fail, so pleasantly surprised when their part went as well as it did.

It's just disappointing that the easier part, within Plusnet's control, failed...posting out the router in time, especially, as I'd booked this in several weeks ago. Therefore no reason for the dispatch to occur after the installation date.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Router dispatch delay seems to be a recurring issue for PN: they should understand people wouldn't mind receiving early, but not late.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @dpflaeger

I'm really sorry to hear your router was ordered late. Looking through your account I can see that you've received your router and you're back online from yesterday.

If there's anything I can help with please feel free to let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button