Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open order date - DSL Checker?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Open order date - DSL Checker?

OK, before doing anything else I'd test the speeds again another couple of times in case the speeds dropped temporarily. 

Beyond that it would be best to try following the checks here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ 

Do keep us posted. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Tone24
Grafter

Adam, I ran a few speed tests (Thinkbroadband)  before I posted about half an hour ago and they where coming in at around 37/4. I just done a couple more and it's now 37/8. So far, so good. I'll be more than happy if it stabilises somewhere around the 37/8 mark.

Cheers Adam and to everyone else for their input. I'll keep this thread open and monitor it for a couple of weeks. 

Tone24
Grafter

Ever since the switch over I keep getting intermittent errors on some Youtube videos. "An error occurred please try again later (Playback ID)".

I'm using W7/ IE11/Firefox.

Could this be related to my switch over from ADSL to Fibre or it  a 'local' thing that just happens to be a coincidence with the switch over? I've searched online for a solution, but I'm just going round in circles.

christianpjones
Rising Star

I get this from time to time on Youtube, usually when I'm watching a playlist and I delete one or more items from that playlist while I'm watching one of the other items. It happens on W7/W10 and on a variety of browsers in different locations. On every occasion it's sorted itself out if left alone for 10-15 seconds. Playback then resumes without any issues.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Tone24

Thanks for getting in touch.

Looking at your connection there are no apparent issues currently. Can I ask if you are using any add-ons while using Youtube such as pop-up blockers? These can occasionally have an impact.

I would suggest temporarily disabling any add-ons and clearing cookies and cache to see if this has an different results.

Let me know how you get on.

Tone24
Grafter

Hi Warwick.

Your post has got me thinking. I use a VPN and this has never been a problem before and it only started happening on Wednesday when I was switched over to FTTC. I'm wondering  it's anything to do with the Hub One router setup? If someone can confirm this I will gladly buy a third party router.

This isn't happening on every Youtube video I click on, just the odd one here and there. If disconnect from  the VPN I still get the "an error occurred please try again later" message, even when I've cleared browser history, cache and cookies. However, if I then re-boot the router, I can view the video. Like I said, this hasn't happened before, even though I've been using a VPN ever since all the stuff came out about  data mining companies back in 2017.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter and subsequently removed.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Tone24, 

I don't think a router problem could cause that specific an issue, you'd likely see other issues if it was related to that too or not be able to connect at all.

If you can it would be worth checking if the same thing happens on other devices connected to your router. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Tone24
Grafter

Thanks for that. I meant to give that a go earlier and forgot. What I'm I like.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

No problem at all, @Tone24

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Dave

Tone24
Grafter

Tried it on my W10 laptop and it's working fine, with or without the VPN.

I'm still seeing the Youtube error message on the W7 desktop, with or without the VPN. This includes rebooting the PC and the router, also clearing out cache etc. So it looks like an issue on the W7 desktop, but the thing is, it was working fine on the ADSL router until I switched over to FTTC on Wednesday.  Maybe it's coincidence, or maybe not?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for the update, @Tone24

I can't think of anything in terms of the router or the fibre service that would differentiate between Windows 7 and Windows 10, so it's likely to be a device issue. Glad you've got this working though - other members of the community may be able to help you narrow this down.

Best wishes

Dave

Tone24
Grafter

Thanks for that, Randall. Cheers for everyone else's input too.

Maybe it's time for a new PC.  This one is just over 9 years old and it's still does what I want it to do, but support for W7 ends next year. It's done well though - used on a daily basis and the only thing I've had to replace is the graphics card.

Tone24
Grafter

Another day, another question. Hope I'm not being a pain.

Can someone point in in the right direction for a 3M power extension cable for the Hub One router, preferably Amazon? I want to be able to plug the router in at the BT master socket and the power lead is too short and I don't want to end up with the wrong one.